Sunday, November 6, 2022

Sometimes Cloudy, Then Sunny

6:29

7:16

8:53

Fishing Off Woodlawn Creek

It's just after 7:00 and the sky is starting to lighten to the north, but is still gray to the southeast. It's surprisingly warm, 58ยบ at the moment but it won't get much warmer during the day. It rained quite a bit last night, an inch and a half but today looks to be partly cloudy but dry. It's 9:04 and I paddled for an hour, in sunshine, darkness, two or three drizzles, and one pouring rain. I loved it. 

Woodlawn

Kayak Morning

Northern Sky

Southeastern Sky

Blue Northern Sky

Yesterday was a typical Saturday except Evie was in Phoenix, celebrating with her sisters, her Step Mother Dorothy's Life.

Sisters

I was up early, too early, and waited for some light, for the sun to rise before I went out for a paddle. I was rewarded with photos of a couple of herons and a beautiful morning sky. I knew I wanted to get in a bike ride despite the heavy wind warnings so I was on my way to drop off the trash by 9:30, after finishing the blog of course. I then drove to Lakewood, and did a quick run through Wegman's, picking up a few things for the next few days lunch and dinner. I was home by 11:30, put things away, and then drove to MayvilleKy to ride. I biked Webb's Trail, then Sea Lion Drive easily, but the last leg back to Mayville Park was into a 20 to 30-mile-an-hour wind. I literally stood still at times. While I was struggling, I could tell someone was behind me, coming fast and I thought they must have an electric bike. Nope, just a young woman pedaling easily past this old man. Ah, youth,

Biking Through Leaves

I was home by 1:00 and it was lunchtime. Earlier, before my trip to Wegman's I made a pot of Manechevitz split pea soup. It's easy, looks like gruel, and is tasteless. Still, I ate it along with a turkey and cheese sandwich. I watched some football and wondered what I was going to do the rest of the afternoon. It was too windy to kayak or even go for a walk in the woods so I read and napped briefly. I watched some football when I was tired of reading but then, at 4:00, I went out and raked dead fall from our willow tree for twenty minutes, courtesy of the high winds. Once I filled another pail with deadfall, I mowed the front yard, as leaves whirled around me from the wind gusts. Once I was done, the yard looked great and Evie would be proud. 

Windy Afternoon

Dinner was easy, just heat up the leftover chicken parm, rolls and make a salad. I have to admit it was not as good as the night before but it filled me up. I watched the third Salander film, The Girl Who Kicked The Hornet's Nest. Once that was over, I watched a couple of innings the World Series and watched Philadelphia go ahead by one on a home run by Kyle Schwarber, then fall behind on a three run home run over the center field fence by Cuban born Yordan Alvarez, and that was the game. I also watched a few minutes of the Alabama/LSU game but missed the overtime win by LSU. 

Moon Over Chautauqua Lake

An Amazing Sunset From My Sister In Law Claire's Home in Gilbert, AZ


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...