Sunday, November 13, 2022

A Taste Of Winter

6:57

It's finally somewhat light out at 7:00. The ground has a thin layer of white, the lake is gray, the shoreline of trees is blurred by fog.  It's 33ยบ, and snow is supposed to continue for the next hour, sometimes heavy. I don't think I will be kayaking as Long Point is no longer visible because of the fog. Wow, the fog has just disappeared and the shorelines are visible. I did it; I was out for 50 minutes, the lake calm, the trees, and roofs snow-covered. 

Kayak Morning

Victoria/Woodlawn

Snowy Roofs

A Touch Of Blue Skies

Victoria Woods

North

Yesterday was another dismal day although it hardly rained, just drizzled off and on during the day. I was, however, able to get in a half hour of kayaking despite the drizzle. When I returned home, Evie was finally up and we finished the blog. The rest of the morning was a typical Saturday, enjoying a leisurely coffee, then straightening up the kitchen and gathering the trash from around the house. I was off to the Transfer Station by 10:30 and was back in a jiffy, cool word. Because of the weather, neither of us ventured out the rest of the morning and early afternoon. Evie was busy doing something, probably going through her clothes again, deciding what to take on our trip West. 

Lunch was Evie's veggie soup and a bagel with cream cheese and I finally finished my Finnish crime series, Dark Winds. I like it enough to begin Season Two when I get back from our trip. I also watched some football, Ohio State, then some NBA basketball that I saved from Friday night. For both of us, the rest of the afternoon went quickly, either reading, napping, watching TV, or getting a few things done. The drizzle let up at 3:30 so I went for a half-hour walk through the Victoria/Woodlawn woods. It felt good to finally be doing something outside. When I returned, Evie was talking with our daughter, Beth, and baking delicious coconut cookies. I know because I ate a couple when I came back from my walk. 

3:43 In The Afternoon

A Walk In The Woods

We then relaxed with a glass of wine and listened to the news, then music until it was time for dinner. Evie had everything ready to make a taco salad, the meat, hard shells, and fixings. This is our favorite way to enjoy tacos, in a salad. We watched a fairly new film on Netflix, Where The Crawdads Sing, based on the wildly successful novel but the book did not transfer well to film. Neither of us was invested in the life of the Marsh girl although the setting, in the marshes of North Carolina, was striking. We watched it to the end, however, and the shocking final revelation. We ended the night with something we really enjoy, The Great British Baking Show. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...