Friday, November 11, 2022

Gray Skies and Drizzle

6:49

7:39

Waking up to clouds and drizzle, quite a difference from the past few days of clear skies and brilliant sunshine. It's 50º and the honking of Canadian geese just filled the air. I won't be out on the lake this morning, alas, as it's windy and wet. 

Morning Visitors

Yesterday may have been the last of sunny fall days, at least it feels that way. I hurriedly finished my coffee, so I could get in a 25-minute paddle before driving to Bemus for breakfast. When I got home, just after 9:00, Evie was just getting up, having slept soundly for eleven hours. She needed it because of her travel. I finished up the blog, and Evie proofread and published it just as I left for yoga in Lakewood. Yin is always a mellow class, nothing too strenuous. After class, I stopped for a coffee, then made a quick stop at Wegman's to pick up prescriptions and a sub for lunch. Unfortunately, when I  got home, Evie had my lunch ready so we decided to have the sub for dinner along with the vegetable soup she just made, a good decision. So lunch was tuna melts with soup and I watched my show, Dark Winds. 

Evie was happy to be home, of course, as it's always great to be home after traveling. Neither of us felt like doing much during the afternoon although Evie caught up on laundry.  I finished my book and started Manhattan Beach but I am not sure if I like it or if I read it before. It seems familiar at times. So I started another book, about a young basketball player called Boy21. It's a young adult novel and has gotten great reviews.  After my nap, I finally felt like doing something around 4:00, so I worked more in the garden, trimming and raking almost everything in Evie's garden and raking behind the garage for the second time in a week.  Once again, I took the detritus up the hill. It feels good to almost be organized for winter.

It was nice to once again relax with Evie before dinner with a glass of wine and best of all, dinner was already made with a sub and veggie soup. We caught up on both Jeopardy and Colbert before watching the first episode of the fifth season of The Crown. We are not taken with the new cast members but I am sure they will grow on us. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...