Wednesday, November 2, 2022

Fog In The Morning

7:32

It's just after 7:00, still pitch black out there and I have been up since 6:00, alas, unable to go back to sleep. The morning looks cloudy but it may clear up some in the afternoon. I won't count on it. There was a heavy fog warning for our area so I may have to put off kayaking for a bit. Unfortunately, yoga had been canceled so it looks like I will have a long morning. When I stepped outside at 7:30, to take my first photo I was greeted by the sound of a leaf blower, the bane of neighborhoods nationwide. 

The Boys

Yesterday began with a brief paddle because of the drizzle and the fact that I was leaving for breakfast in Erie with my good friend, Stan. We were meeting basketball buddies from our college and coaching days at Bob Evans in Erie, just off the Peach Street exit. We try to do this twice a year. Needless to say, it's always fun getting together with these guys and reminiscing about the good old days when we played and coached. Three of them grew up together in East Cleveland, John and Don, both played for John Carroll and coached many years in either Cleveland or Painesville. Obviously, we had lots to talk about, many memories of playing together after our college careers in Cleveland leagues, and when I was the basketball coach at Reserve, we played both Don and John's teams a couple of times. So we have lots of memories. We sat around after breakfast, in no hurry to get home but finally, we were on our way home by 11:30, vowing to see each other again in Spring. 

Heron Wading

I was home around 12:30 and Evie was happy to hear that I did not want lunch. She had been busy catching up on laundry and starting to pack for her trip to Phoenix tomorrow, always an onerous task, trying to figure out what to bring and packing it all in a carry-on suitcase. Good luck. I am trying to finish my book, The Winners (670 pages) before Friday when it is due. So read, napped briefly of course, read some more than got fed up with sitting around the house and went for a walk around the Victoria/Woodlawn woods as the drizzle had abated. I was out for about 35 minutes, covering a mile and a third, just enough. 

Victoria Creek

Fallen Leaves, Barren Trees

Blue Skies

Evie had a Zoom call with her sisters and finalized their plans to meet in Phoenix, the first time all four will get together in a number of years. After the call, Evie made another pan of mushroom gravy, added the rest of the rotisserie chicken, and served it with mashed potatoes for our dinner. Yum, just like in a diner. We started another film but ended up not liking it much so ended up as usual, with Colbert, Jeopardy, and another episode of Kleo and that was it for the night.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...