Tuesday, November 15, 2022

Road Trip: First Stop, Oxford, Ohio

7:00

7:18

It's windy and cold, 28º, here at the lake and I  have no interest in kayaking. The lake is ruffled, the flag blowing furiously as a raft of mallards float by. I don't envy them. It's 7:30 and we both have been up since 6:30 and hope to be off by 8:30 or 9:00. We have just a six-hour drive.

Monday was unusual as the day before a trip always is. The only sameness to the day was that I got in a good paddle, the last for a couple of weeks. When I returned from kayaking, Evie was up and we started planning our day, wanting to make sure we were packed and ready to go by dinner time. While Evie worked some on prepping the house for our trip and packing, I was off on a number of errands. First, I stopped at the can man and get rid of returnables. Then, I went to the car wash where the attendant mentioned that one of my fog lights was out even though I had the car checked over on Friday. Bummer. I then went to the bank, cashed some checks, then on to Rite Aid and Wegmans, picking up a few things for our trip. On the way home, I stopped at my mechanic's and scheduled a 3:00 appointment to replace the fog light on my car.

When I returned home, Evie had my lunch ready, the last of the soup and egg salad sandwiches. She seemed copacetic, having finished packing, and really was organized for our trip. So we both had a leisurely afternoon, watching TV, reading, napping, our usual. After my nap, I packed with Evie's help (folding my long sleeve shirts), so I was all packed as well. Neither of us had much interest in a walk so we stayed inside, and had our wine time, while our dinner, was leftover sausage, potato, and onion casserole as well as roasted Brussels sprouts and cauliflower. We watched the first episode of Jeopardy's finals, then the semifinal of The Great British Baking Show. We are hooked on both shows and will miss the rest of the episodes until we return in two weeks, alas. Evie went up to be early so I watched 15 minutes of Monday Night Football before joining her. 

With Joe And Mary Lou, November 2017


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...