Tuesday, November 8, 2022

Getting Colder But Sunny

6:44

7:03

It's 7:30 and the sun is up, forcing me to move to another seat on the couch. There's some wind this morning which may make kayaking more difficult and it's a chilly 37ยบ after a high in the 70s a few days ago. Winter is coming. It's 8:30 and I was surprised to have a good paddle, the wind not a problem, only the bright sun as I paddled south. It cannot be avoided, its reflection on the lake blinding. 

Kayak Morning

Frolicing Mallards

Northern Blue

Yesterday was a wasted day for me. I did get in a great paddle, saw an eagle and heron, and came home ready to drive to Ohio for a doctor's appointment, then visit my sister. Unfortunately, the doctor's office called and canceled the appointment. That took the mojo out of me and I decided to stay home, the two-hour drive both ways not sounding good. So what did I do? I decided to see if I could get in some exercise so I decided to bike to the Chautauqua Institution and see which house on the north end of the lake just sold for five million dollars (it's the one-level pink brick ranch with a swimming pool). Unfortunately, after 20 minutes I qui riding, not feeling up to going any farther.

So I went home, angry with myself, and decided I needed to get something done so I made a pot of black bean soup with sundried tomatoes, easy and tasty. I had it for lunch with a turkey and cheese sandwich and watched something but I don't remember what. I know I took a good nap because I slept less than five hours the night before but woke still feeling off; groggy would be a good word. I then thought if I went out side and picked up some twigs, I would feel better. And I did, good enough to think that I should treat myself to something good to eat since my day was a waste. So I drove to Wegmans, picked out some expensive sushi for an appetizer and canolis for dessert but by the time I was ready to check out, I felt guilty spending all that money so I put both back, checked out and went home. Idiot.

I did treat myself to a Paloma, a Squirt with a shot of tequila which mellowed me out some. I did not feel like fussing with dinner and remembered our neighbors cleaned out their refrigerator before they left and gave us a o couple of frozen chicken pot pies. I used to love them when I was a kid so I heated both up for my dinner and they were not too bad, good enough for last night's dinner. I watched a film on Hulu called Man From Reno, about a strange relationship between a small town sheriff and a famous Japanese crime novelist. Go figure. I also watched an episode of the Finnish crime series, Deadwind, but got bored with its sameness, like all other cop shows, I ended the night with 15 minutes of football before going up to read, then sleep, What a day. 

5:38

7:40

Full Moon







No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...