Saturday, March 14, 2020

What A Great Morning


7:41
8:34
8:35 (who needs Florida)
It's a chilly morning, with a sunny morning, so bright that I have to wear a ball cap to see my computer.  It's 30º out and will stay in the 30's most of the day but stay sunny for the next couple of days.  It's 10:00, later than usual as I finished the blog because I was out for a cold forty five minute paddle.  It started out easy, little if any wind, but on my way back, it picked up, smacking my face, as I fought the waves to get home.  I did photograph an immature bald eagle in our neighbor's tree, lots of mallards and a couple of hooded mergansers.  Spring is coming.

Photo By Evie On Her Perch Through Our Living Room Window
Hooded Mergansers Return
Woodlawn/Victoria
A Juvenile Bald Eagle
Yesterday was not a usual Friday because I did not have yoga, canceled because our teacher was ill.  I didn't want to spend the day in the house so I volunteered to do some shopping, yet more shopping, so I was off by 10:30 for Ryders Cup, coffee, and a discussion with the locals about the coronavirus, whether government stepping in is a good thing or not.  Evie, meanwhile, was off early for Physical Therapy in Jamestown and a doctor's appointment.  After coffee, I stopped in Home Depot to pick up some knobs for a dresser and found that the Dahlia bulbs were in so I picked out a couple that I thought we might like.  I then did some shopping at Wegman's but couldn't find the one thing I really wanted, red lentils.  I thought for sure no one buys lentils but I must be wrong.  I then stopped at Sav A Lot and picked up so short ribs because we are going to make a Guinness Stout Stew this weekend, hoping it will be at least a couple of meals.

Our Favorite Milk Producer, POT O' GOLD DAIRY, Lottsville, PA
I was home by 12:30 and heated up the homemade chicken soup, toasted some sourdough bread and opened a can of Trader Joe sardines, a healthy lunch.  I watched my show, Narcos and started a new book, Conviction by Denise Mina, complex but compelling.  I napped of course and woke when Evie returned.  We then took it easy, watched some TV but around 4:30, Evie got out the scissors and razor and gave me a much-needed shearing in the TV room.  Once again, I look and feel like a 'young boy.' We both showered and got gussied up because we were going out to dinner.

Friday Afternoon
On The Road To Ribs N Bones
We left for Ribs And Bones around 5:45, a half-hour drive to a restaurant, just outside of Warren, PA. It was a beautiful drive, blue skies, so different from what we are used to, either the green of summer or white of winter.

 A Night Out
We must to 'be living right' because the parking lot was packed but when we walked in, there were two seats recently vacated in the bar just waiting for us.  It was a happy place, mostly locals enjoying the food and libations.  We ordered beers, perused the huge menu and ordered, taking our time, watching the bartender pour and take orders non stop.  She definitely deserved a good tip.  Evie had the haddock fish fry and I ordered a burger with bacon jam, blue cheese aioli, on a brioche.  Both meals were good as we expected.  We were home by 8:30, an easy drive as there was still some light.  We watched an episode of The Americans but went to bed early, tired from our busy day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...