Friday, March 6, 2020

Gray Day


6:41
It's 33º out, gray skies and lake, but yesterday was glorious, sunny, cool, just the way we like it.  Unfortunately, we did not get in any walks but still, just having the sun out was enough.  When I walked out to take a morning photograph, I could hear the honking of geese off in the distance, a sure sign of Spring. 

There's nothing like crisp morning air to get me pumped, so I was ready for a yoga class at 10:00 with Danielle. So were lots of others as class was back to being crowded after a brief hiatus.  No fear of the coronavirus yet.  I weighed going for a coffee but knew we were driving to Erie at 1:00 so I came straight home.

Evie made me another chicken salad sandwich for lunch, just right and I watched Luka Doncic's Mavericks during lunch.  He's the only NBA player I really enjoy watching now that Golden State has lost its two shooters.  We left for Erie at 1:00 because Evie was getting an epidural at 2:15 from her doctor, hoping it will help her back pain.  It was fairly quick, as we were on the road by 1:15 and because Evie was such a good girl, I rewarded her with a stop at Mc Donald's in Erie for a quarter pounder meal, fries, coke,  since she has been craving one for the last six months and a cheeseburger for me.  It reminded me for some reason of the good old days when Mc Donald's first opened in the late 1950s and we could get a cheeseburger for 15 cents.

A Lake Still Frozen
We were home by 3:00, both exhausted from the visit, ready to collapse on the couches and watch some TV or do some reading.  Earlier in the morning, Evie had put together a huge pot of chili so we knew dinner would be easy, just heat up a couple of bowls in the microwave. 

Blue Skies On Woodlawn at 5:00 PM
We relaxed, then,  had our wine around 6:00 and did not eat until 7:00 as we were not hungry till then because of our mid-afternoon run to Mc Donald's.  We watched the repetition of the coronavirus alerts until we were sick of them and turned to another Colbert.  We ended the night as we have been doing for the last week, with two episodes of Season Two of The Americans. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...