Thursday, March 12, 2020

More Of The Same


8:00
Signs Of Spring
It's 7:15 and it's just becoming light and the geese are out there somewhere honking, the birds singing, as the lake continues to melt and open.  I am listening to the news, as everyone is getting more serious about the coronavirus. Even Fox News is beginning to accept it's not a Democratic hoax. Hannity and Limbaugh's comments have been called 'criminally negligent' by some of their own Conservative Republicans.  I tend to agree. 

Yesterday went by quickly for some reason.  I had my usual morning of coffee, breakfast, finished the blog and drove off to yoga with Jen, just three of us.  I am not sure if the virus is beginning to scare people off or it was just a quiet day.  I suppose we all wonder if the virus can have arrived in a small town in Western New York State.  I stopped for coffee, no fear there as eight or nine of us were sitting around enjoying coffee and conversation.  I ended up at Aldi's also crowded with shoppers who seemed to be stocking up on staples. 

I was home around 12:30 and Evie had been busy of course, this time putting together a baked ziti and chicken soup for our lunches.   I was not sure what to have for lunch but remembered that we still had some curry leftover so that's what I had.  We try not to listen to the news but it's hard not to these days with all the contrary information about the virus and of course, there's a primary election going on.  We listened to Bernie explain why he's staying in the primary despite the fact he has little if any chance of winning.  He just will make it harder for Biden to defeat Trump I fear.

Midafternoon, I received a phone call from our Health Care provider but from the Jamestown Office. I have been waiting for a disk of my CT Scan and for some reason, it was sent to their office, not the one in Mayville.  So I drove downtown, picked up the disk and stopped at Farm Fresh Foods, for three of the best donuts in town, two glazed and one custard-filled.  Yum.

View From Viking Club At 7:00
We were meeting Linda and Ron at the Viking Club so we showered and headed out at 6:15.  The club was not very busy despite the fact that they were serving Cuban sandwiches.  We found a table by the window, ordered beers and were happy.  Ron had envied my Peaky Blinder cap, so we ordered him one from Amazon and he got it the next day. 

Tommy And Arthur, the Peaky Blinder Boys
So the both of us have our Peaky Blinder caps and felt cool, sort of.  I had a great Cuban sandwich with enough leftover for lunch today and Evie had a pizza with a cauliflower crust, also quite good.  When we left, there were only three people remaining at the bar.  When we got home, we listened to the build-up to Trump's Oval Office address.  All I can say about it is he read it with few mistakes.  It's hard to take him seriously, to believe him.  I had to laugh because earlier, he made fun of the Democrats for canceling their rallies.  His rallies, however, were going on because he and his followers are not sissies.  Well, a few minutes after his address, it was announced he would cancel his rally.  What a bozo.  My advice: listen to the experts, not the President, not politicians. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...