Sunday, March 8, 2020

Sunny And Warming Up


8:02
8:50
Well, it's late as I got up at my usual 6:30, but now it's really 7:30 because of Daylight Savings Time.  Yesterday's white has disappeared but the lake remains frozen and I spotted a couple of ice fishermen down the lake, off of Warner Bay.  It may get up to near 60º today and stay in the 50's most of the week.  Spring has Sprung.

Yesterday was another pleasant day, sunny but crisp out with a bitter northerly wind.  We spent a good part of the morning watching the rescue boats seemingly search up and down Bemus Bay for something.  Later in the day, when we walked Bemus and talked to the Fire Department, we found out it was their annual rescue practice, something they do a couple of times a year. I didn't get to the Transfer Station till 12:00 because Evie was busy cleaning and organizing our pantry in the kitchen.

Kinney's Run
While she was doing this, I went for a hike in the Woodlawn/Victoria woods, enjoying perhaps the last of the snow on the forest floor.  It was great out, lots of blue skies and sun, snow on the trails although it was melting quickly.  I was out for close to forty-five minutes and when I returned, I gathered up the trash and drove to the Transfer Station.

Two Trails Diverged In March Woods
When I got home, it was lunchtime, so I made myself some ramen and Evie made me a platter of salami, cheese, and crackers.  I watched Narcos, some basketball, then read and fell asleep despite the sunshine in the living room.  Around 3:00, Evie was ready to get out of the house, so we drove over to Bemus Point for a walk.  It felt good to be outside, to breathe in the cold air and get some exercise.  And, as I mentioned earlier, we talked with the Fire Department about their rescue practice in the morning. 

We were looking forward to our Saturday Manhattans and Evie had some good cheese and crackers as well as Buffalo cheddar cheese dip which she heated up in and served with pretzels and celery.  It may be our last cocktail time to watch the sky slowly move towards dusk because of the change in time.  Dinner was easy, heat up the chili, put it over pasta, add cheese and sour cream and we had Cincinnati chili.  Evie also made a salad and for dessert, she had made banana/cinnamon muffins late afternoon, so it was a night of food.  We watched Real Time With Bill Maher and some home improvement shows before going to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...