Tuesday, March 10, 2020

Dark, Wet, And Dreary


7:22
8:10
8:29
It's 7:00, still dark thanks to Day Light Savings Time, raining and dreary, as the wind howls, not exactly a good start to the day.  It's unseasonably warm, 48º, and was in the mid 60's yesterday afternoon when we went for a walk.  I heard the honk of geese off to the south when I walked outside and the lake is starting to melt although there's no open water at this end of the lake yet. I just found yoga has been canceled so I have a free morning.

Yesterday was a carbon copy of most days although I felt rushed to get the blog done for some reason even though I had a couple of hours to get it done.  Go figure.  I left at 9:00 and am now driving our Honda Accord, twenty years old and going strong, I hope.  I was surprised by yoga class as I did not recognize a number of students and class was smaller than usual, perhaps a result of fear of the coronavirus.  I stopped for coffee, chewed the fat with Dave, then stopped at Brigotti's and picked up some eggplant for baked ziti and since cabbage was 27 cents a pound, I bought four heads because it lasts quite a while and we enjoy it with many dishes. I then drove to downtown Jamestown and dropped my taxes off at my accountant.  It's not much more expensive than buying a program for my Mac so it's worth it to me to have someone else do it.  After that,  I decided to check out the south end of the lake, went to Mc Crea Point, about a mile up the Chadakoin River, and noticed lots of Canadian geese in the water.  I then drove to Celeron where looking north, the lake was frozen, but looking south it was open, as it led into the mouth of the Chadokoin River.

Looking North From Celeron
I was home by 12:15 and heated up the leftover pasta and chili for lunch.  Evie meanwhile had been busy in the kitchen and we are still trying to find a place for our staples.  I watched Narcos, read and took a nap.  Evie got in some sun time on our front porch because the temperatures were in the '60s and she was shielded from the wind.  By 3:30, we both wanted to get out and enjoy the warm afternoon, so we drove to the Chautauqua Institution for a walk around the still quiet streets, stopping at Smtih Library after our walk.  I checked out a much-discussed new novel, American Dirt, and  I was surprised it was available.  When we got home, we were able to sit in our Adirondack chairs at the water's edge, enjoying the view and warm afternoon.

Kicking Back In Our Adirondaks
By 5:00, we had a glass of wine and Evie began prepping our dinner using the leftover chicken from Sunday's dinner.  She sauteed some mushrooms, steamed broccoli, added the chicken slices and a Green Curry Sauce from Trader Joes.  With rice and a salad, we had a tasty curry over rice with enough leftover for my lunch today.  We watched the always comedic Trump press conference but this time, Trump must have listened to his aides' advice because he left the discussion of the coronavirus to his medical experts. We then turned to our series, The Americans, watched two episodes and ended the night with our favorite home improvement show, Home Town, set in Laurel, Mississippi.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...