Friday, December 21, 2018

Winter Begins...47º And Rain


8:0

Seagull On A Still Frozen Lake
It's 7:45 and I have been up since 7:00.  Evie, however, was up earlier and when I came downstairs, she was already catching up on the wash.  Our grandson, Tyler, arrives late this evening, so she wants to get the house pitch perfect for him and the rest of his family who arrives on Saturday.

Mallard's Ice Dancing
The lake was frozen yesterday morning so no kayaking.  I did have breakfast at 8:00 with the guys and as a joke, I had a photo made of our group, framed it, Evie put 'reserved' on it,  and we gave it to Julie, our waitress, along with our usual Christmas tip.  She loved it, showed it around to everyone and Laurie, the owner, thought it was just the cutest!  It was a fun way to start the day.  After finishing up the blog, I drove to Yin Yoga and even though I was there early, I could hardly find a spot for my mat as the Christmas visitors have arrived.  After class, I made a quick stop at Aldi's to see if they had the tenderloins in and voila, I scooped one up along with some nuts for baking and was home by 12:15, in time for lunch, the leftover ham balls, rice, and another episode of NARCOS.

Long Point Late Afternoon
Evie was her usual self, finding things to do around the house, always busy, a marked contrast to me, usually on the couch reading, on my computer, or taking a nap, ready to help, however, when called, a good husband.  Of course, the big news during the afternoon was the Trump tantrum, as he reversed course and won't budge if he doesn't get his wall.  What a jerk.  Sorry, not sorry.  Around 4:00, I had enough of the nonstop news and went for a walk through our woods, the snow mostly melted, the floor covered with matted leaves, a floor of brown.  Despite the clouds, there was as always a beauty to the woods, to the iced-over lake, to the grays and browns of winter.

The Woods

Fox's Tree
We had our glass of wine in front of the fire as we received the news of Mattis's resignation, clearly a result of Trump's impetuousness, especially on foreign policy.  Finally, someone is speaking out about this disgrace in the oval office.  The New York Times called Mattis's resignation letter 'an extraordinary rebuke' of the President.  It's about time. I highly recommend reading the letter.  We were going to go to the Viking Club for their special Swedish dinner but ran out of mojo, so Evie pulled leftover pizza out of the freezer, warmed it up, made a salad and we had dinner.  I poured the Pepsi over ice to finish off a pretty good dinner.

We watched Colbert, the news until the repetition drove us to Netflix where we watched The Great English Baking Show, the best cooking show on TV bar none.  It's delightful, both the hosts and the contestants.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...