Thursday, December 20, 2018

Almost Winter


7:09
7:34

7:35
It's just 7:00 and both of us are up, listening to Morning Joe as the sky is pink just above the horizon, the lake, smooth and frozen.  It's 29º, will get up into the '40s, and we should expect quite a bit of rain, alas, not snow. It's gotten so the news is more like elevator music, just background, not something we listen to carefully.

On The Edge
Yesterday was a pleasant surprise, with sunshine and blue skies much of the day.  It was strange to walk out of a yoga class on a sunny morning.  The class was just two of us and I am getting used to the personal attention.  After class, because it was Wednesday and Evie had gone through the Aldi ads, I went to Aldi's, hoping to get a beef tenderloin that was on sale.  Unfortunately, when I got there, the tenderloin had not arrived and the store was not sure when it would.  I did pick up a few items on sale, mostly stuff for baking like butter.  And I was surprised at the number of Amish families that were shopping, their carts groaning with food.  They, too, must take advantage of Wednesday's when the Aldi sales begin for the week. 

When I returned home, Evie was trying to make room in our pantry for all the stuff we have collected, as well as the food we are getting to tide us over during the holidays.  For lunch, I heated up the last of the veggie soup and made a Jill special, a bagel with cream cheese and tomatoes.  She survived on this during college.  The afternoon went quickly, as we did a few things around the house, watched some TV, read and I napped.  I was tempted to do something but my laziness got the best of me so I did not go for a walk. 

Enjoying A Sunny Afternoon
At 5:30, we got out some of TJ's cheese, their 'unexpected cheddar', crackers, and we enjoyed a couple glasses of wine, fireplace blazing, Christmas tree lights on.  HO HO HO.  And dinner was easy, just heat up the ham balls which our neighbor, Pat, and given us back in September to freeze for an easy dinner.  Yesterday was that easy dinner and I am a ham ball fan.  We watched Colbert, some cooking shows and finished the night with the last episode of a series called SHETLAND.  I was surprised when the series ended, thinking it was more than four episodes.  I was happy to get back to my book, THE LIKENESS, by Tana French.  I had forgotten her books were so well written and detailed.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...