Tuesday, December 18, 2018

Windy, Cold, With A Slash Of Color


8:20
It's surprisingly cold out this morning, 25º, windy, the wind chimes constantly singing. And because the lake is choppy, I won't be kayaking this morning.  It's mostly gray at the moment but we are supposed to get some sun, yep sun, later in the day.  Hallelujah.

Yesterday was much like this morning, cold with occasional snow peppering the ground.  We were both up early and by the time I left for yoga at 9:00, we had invited our good friends, Linda and Ron over for dinner and they accepted, the wonder of messaging.  When I left for yoga, Evie started putting together a shopping list for Wegman's on her phone and I would then be able to access it when I arrived at Wegmans.  Yin Yoga, as usual, was fine, lots of ladies and moi.  I always wonder what they think of me, the only regular guy although I am now on a first name basis with most of them (if I can remember their names), just one of the gals.  After class, I bagged coffee because I had a couple of stops before Wegman's, first at Walmart to pick up a photo I sent to the Photo Center over the internet, then to Evans for some spirits.  Wegman's was busy despite the fact it was Monday but I found a quick check out counter, so I was home by 12:15, not bad for yoga and three shopping stops.

Evie was putting together a good part of our dinner although much of it was going to have to be made last minute.  We put away the groceries, and I did up some of the dishes. In between prepping dinner, Evie made me a western, with leftover meatloaf, tomatoes, and cheese and I watched another episode of NARCOS.

For dinner, we were having a recipe our son, Tommy, made for us, shrimp, asparagus and sundried tomatoes in oil with penne.  Evie was able to get the shrimp cleaned, the sauce and asparagus ready and let it sit before dinner.  We were then able to enjoy the afternoon, reading, napping, or watching some TV.

Late Afternoon On The Lake
 We had lots to talk about as we enjoyed our Saint Andre cheese, crackers, popcorn, and beer.  Evie would occasionally disappear for a few minutes putting together the dinner, boiling the penne, adding the shrimp and asparagus which had been prepared earlier in the day, then it stayed warm in the oven until it was time for dinner.

Yum
All three of us helped with serving, the wine, salad, rolls, and pasta.  And dinner was delicious, the best we have had (sorry Tommy).  We were all members of the clean plate club, even the salad and we ended up dipping our Portuesge rolls in the sauce to end the meal.  They stayed until 9:30 and we did a quick clean up before relaxing with some TV before going up to bed, the end of a really fun evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...