Sunday, December 2, 2018

Rain And 43º

7:48

7:58

8:50
Well, it's 8:00 and both Evie and I have been up since 7:00, listening to gunshots, then fishing boats motoring by on this surprisingly warm morning in December.  During the night, I woke briefly to rain pelting our roof. The temperature may get up to 50º today then drop into the 20's late tomorrow. 

Fishing Early Morning
Yesterday was an ugly day at the lake, a light rain on and off, melting snow, slush, and mud covering the roads around Woodlawn.  The bright spot was my morning kayak down to Wells Bay and back, as the lake was calm early in the morning.  I was the only one on the lake but hunters must have been nearby as their gunshots sounded quite close.  When I returned home, Evie was up having her coffee and we finished up the blog before getting busy with spring cleaning in the fall.  We were not sure what we wanted to do and were sad that we missed the Christmas Parade Friday night and the Empty Bowls in Dunkirk this morning but we were not up to either.  So we did a few things around the house, then got the trash ready for the Transfer Station.  Around noon, I filled up the car with more cardboard boxes from Amazon and trash and drove off to the Transfer Station.

Cardinal In The Morning
When I got home, Evie was in the process of making up lunch, frying up some bacon and making a homemade blue cheese dressing for a Wedge salad with hard-boiled eggs.  It was big enough for the two of us but I ate most of it and Evie finished it off.  It was amazingly good of course with bacon, tomatoes, hard-boiled eggs, and blue cheese dressing.  I watched football, read, napped, my usual while Evie continued to get a few things done around the house.  It was a gray, wet lazy afternoon for both of us.

Finally, around 4:00, I tired of sitting in the house and went for a walk in the campground where I thought it would be safe to walk on their plowed roads.  Unfortunately, when I got to the far end, it started to rain so I had to hustle home, cutting my walk short.  Around 5:30, we settled in our chairs around the fireplace with a plate of St. Andre cheese, crackers, and a Manhattan, to reward us for having such an easy day.  And because of the Wedge salad lunch and the cheese and crackers, we had a light dinner, an omelet with mushrooms and asparagus.  It hit the spot, just enough to make us happy.  We watched Colbert then the first half of the Ohio State game before we had enough football and turned to some other channels until bedtime.  I went to bed thinking of wedge salads. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...