Sunday, June 17, 2018

Sunny, Hot, And Humid



6:02

8:22
Like yesterday, I woke to the roaring of bass boats at 6:00, so I missed the sun rising by five minutes.  It's a busy morning because of the fishing boats, yet quiet, too, as I only hear the morning song of birds, especially the purple martins.  It's supposed to get up into the high 80's later today, as we move towards the summer equinox on the 21st.  It's 8:30 and I am back from a good hour on the lake, north to Whitney Bay, filled with weeds alas, and back.  So far, our area of the lake is not bad and we have yet to get out the weed rakes.  And I did get a photo of a heron, standing on our Woodlawn neighbor's dock.

Heron And Jackie On Her Porch
Yesterday was sunny most of the day, clouded up some late afternoon, then seemed to clear, as the weather gods can't seem to make up their minds.  It also looked like rain but none materialized.  We had a fairly typical Saturday, starting with an early paddle.  We then got buys with straightening up the house, watering the plants, and gathering the trash for my weekly trip to the Transfer Station.  We also took 15 minutes to reorganize the attic, put away the winter things, pull out those of summer, like flip flops, boat shoes, etc. 

Because of the World Cup, I have been wasting quite a bit of time watching soccer or futbol when I should be out doing something.  So after a lunch of chicken and mashed potatoes and gravy, I gravitated to the TV room and watched the Spain/Portugal game which I had taped from the previous day. Renaldo was magnificent, scoring three goals as Portugal and Spain tied.  And I also watched quite a bit of the Argentinian tie with Iceland.  Watching Messi is always amazing even if he missed a free kick and the pundits are comparing his failure with Renaldo's success.  Both are great players.

Neighbor's Busted For Not Having Life Jackets By The Intrepid Lake Patrol
While I was playing Joey Bimbo in front of the TV, Evie was out on the dock, occasionally jumping in the lake to cool off.  I joined her briefly, thinking I might need a fleece, but the sun came out from behind the clouds and it was too hot for me.  So I went in and watched more futbol, leaving Evie to enjoy the dock life.

The Chautauqua Belle Cruises By
We were at sixes and sevens as to what to do last night.  Should we go out to eat, just get a beer, perhaps walk Bemus.  We finally decided nowhere was nicer than sitting on our dock with a cocktail, so that's what we did for forty-five minutes.  We then had adjourned to our porch before thinking about dinner.  It was a smart decision to stay home.  Dinner was easy, the leftover chicken and eggplant parmesan from Friday night's dinner.  We watched some Colbert, Bill Maher, as usual before thinking about going up to sleep.  I finished my thriller, THE WOMAN IN THE WINDOW and started another Ward Just, this time it's AN UNFINISHED SEASON.  And Evie's into Kent Haruf's OUR SOULS AT NIGHT, which I finished a few days ago.  All three are good reads.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...