Friday, June 29, 2018

A Hazy Morning Sunrise


5:57 AM

5:58 From Our Porch

Kayak Morning
I was up at 5:20, sat on our front porch, enjoying the coolness of the morning, as the sun rose around 5:55.  It's a quiet morning on the lake although a serious kayaker paddled off around 6:00, replete with a fishing rod, a large net, and a safety flag.  I had a warm hour paddle, off to Tom's Point and back, the first time I have worked up a sweat. 

Yesterday was overcast with spits of rain on and off until about 2:00 when it cleared up and turned out to be a beautiful afternoon on the lake, blue skies, puffy clouds, calm lake, and temperatures in the 70's.  I had a short paddle because of breakfast at the Bemus Point Inn at 8:00 with the boys.  I was home just after 9:00 in time to finish up the blog and head off to Lakewood to yoga.  Evie, too, was off early, to a chiropractor, to see if she could get some relief for her continuing problems.  I stopped for coffee, bought some eggs and went to Home Depot because they were having on sale on mulch.  Unfortunately, the brown mulch did not come in and so I left empty-handed, a waste of time.

When I got home, Evie was back, having stopped at Sav A Lot for some groceries.  She was feeling somewhat better although a chiropractor is no panacea.  Evie used up the last of the chicken and made me a couple of sandwiches, with tomatoes and pickles.  I watched another episode of Babylon Berlin and have only a few episodes left.  We both then relaxed the rest of early afternoon but when it cleared up around 3:30, we went out to enjoy the sunshine after a couple of days of cloudy, gray weather.  What a relief.

Around 5:30, I went in and poured a couple of glasses of wine, found some pretzels, and we enjoyed them on the dock, having not moved since 4:00.  It was surprisingly quiet on the lake considering how calm it was.  Just wait until tonight when the long weekend of the fourth of July starts for many people.  Around 6:30, we went in and Evie fried up some burgers and I shucked five ears of Florida corn and we had dinner.  The corn was surprisingly good, the burgers juicy and tasty.  We watched some Colbert before I decided to see if I could catch the sunset from my kayak.


8:52 PM
8:56 PM
I was out for about a half hour, hugging the Long Point Shore until the sun began to hide behind the shoreline around, 8:49.  It was not spectacular, just an ordinary sunset but it still was fun to be out on the lake.  When I returned, I had a bowl of ice cream and we watched various news channels before going up to bed, wondering if our bedroom was still cool.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...