Wednesday, June 20, 2018

Almost Summer


An Osprey On The Hunt

5:47

Kayak Morning
Calm And Quiet Along Long Point
An overcast morning of grays, surprising me because when I woke at 5:45, the sky was orange, waiting for the sun to rise.  It's cooled off thank goodness, 63º, and will stay in the 70's over the next couple of days. I had a good paddle this morning, over to the Long Point Pavillion where they are reworking the beach and picnic areas.  And, I was able to get a pretty neat photograph of an osprey, a rare occurence.

New Beach

Newly Planted Trees Along Long Point
Yesterday was a pleasant day at the lake although Evie and I were both out of the house.  I had to get an x-ray in Westfield so I headed there mid-morning, stopping at the drugstore and bank before getting my x-ray.  Since I was in Westfield, I drove along Route 20 looking for a pick your own cherry farm to no avail.  So I drove to Barcelona, took a couple of photographs of a rough Lake Erie and Chautauqua creek before driving back to Westfield and stopping at Portage Pie for a freshly baked cherry pie.  I then walked around Westfield, stopped at a Chinese takeout place and picked up my lunch, lo mein noodles with pork and shrimp.

Barcelona Beach On Lake Erie

Chautauqua Creek

Someone Has A Sense Of Humor
When I returned home, Evie was gone, in Lakewood getting her hair trimmed, then doing some shopping at Wegman's.  Meanwhile, the guys were busy with roofing, on a much more comfortable day for work.  I warmed up my lo mein in the microwave, watched a series and some football, then took a nap.  Evie was home by 2:00, quickly put away the groceries and was out on the dock enjoying the sun and cool weather the rest of the afternoon.  I joined her briefly, did some reading, watched some World Cup until it was time to get ready to go out to dinner.

Enjoying Dinner At Steeners
Linda and Ron picked us up at 6:15 and we were off to Steener's Irish Pub for their special, two steaks for twenty bucks.  We were lucky to find corner seats at the bar and were soon enjoying beers and ordering our steak dinners.  For some reason, Evie and I got our steaks but Linda and Ron did not get theirs until ten minutes later after we asked the bartender where their steaks were.  They must have forgotten their order, so it was not the best of our meals at Steeners although everyone enjoyed their steaks.  We were home by 9:00 and settled down in the TV room with a piece of cherry pie and ice cream and watched, what else, Stephen Colbert and some Vice News.

Our Roofer's Sons  Catching Fish



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...