Thursday, June 7, 2018

A 47º Morning


7:34
I was up at 5:50, surprised by the light in our room but it looks like the cloud cover will block any sunrise once again.  Clear skies off to the south, but overcast to the northeast.  And it's chilly, 47º although it might make it out of the  60's later in the day. At least there's little wind at the moment so it might be good for kayaking.  A great morning on the lake, placid waters, a heron, and some sunshine.  Life is good.

Kayak Morning

Woodlawn/Victoria

Heron And A Rock
Yesterday was cool and cloudy, another good day for being outside.  I started my day with a short paddle, rough lake, however, so I was out a half hour.  I then drove to yoga after doing some watering of our plants.  Class was fine and after, I stopped for a coffee, then hit three stores before I found what I wanted, lemons and tangerines. And the road is being resurfaced so it's not much fun driving to the Lakewood area.

When I got home, Evie had been busy, putting together our dinner of portobello mushrooms stuffed with garlic spinach and she made a cauliflower soup for lunches.  And the kitchen was cleaned up even though she had no bottle washer (me) to help out.  I finally finished off the leftover spaghetti, with mushrooms and sausage, then started a new series which looks promising on Netflix called BABYLON BERLIN.

Heron Looking For Ride
I did some reading, napped, and Evie headed out to the yard to continue with her gardening.  Does it ever end?  NO. obviously.  Around 2:30 and went out with a clear task in mind, my one job a couple of times a summer, clearing the brick walk of weeds and grasses and edging it.  It was quite a mess from the rain, so I got out my tools, basically, a putty knife and weeder sat down on a cushion and spent the next two hours cleaning it up.  At least when I was through, it looked like I had done something; it was weedless and edged nicely.  Evie was a happy gardener.

What A Beautiful Brick Walk!
We both finished around 5:00 and decided to enjoy a beer on the dock.  We both wore fleeces and Evie even brought out a blanket.  It was fine for the first twenty minutes but the wind picked up so we had to come in and Evie put the dinner in the oven to heat up, the stuffed portobello mushrooms, a couple leftover chicken thighs, and she made a salad.  We were determined to finish our series, KEEPING FAITH.  I have to admit we are glad it's over, sick of the main characters tears, stupid decisions, in fact in life.  Why we kept on is a good question.  I then watched the first half of the Cavs game and went to bed with a bad feeling and found out this morning I was right.  The Cavs lost again to Golden State.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...