Tuesday, March 20, 2018

The First Day Of Spring


Painting By Beth
Today begins Spring and I was up in time to see the sun rise due east, today's daylight equaling the amount of night.  It's a partly cloudy sky, a chilly 23º and should remain cool, in the low 30's over the next few days.  Spring may have sprung but winter stubbornly remains.

7:04

7:33
Yesterday was bright and sunny but cold, no complaints from me.  I decided to give yoga a try so I headed to our studio, Eight Limbs, for a Yin Yoga class.  Unfortunately, I am still bothered by a strained iliopsoas muscle.  It's been bothering me for a month so I am going to do a doctor this morning because it's beginning to frustrate me.  After yoga, I stopped at Save A Lot, picked up a Point Cut of corned beef, having read that the point was juicier than the usual flat cut.  Butter was on sale for two bucks a pound so I bought four, the savvy shopper.  When I got home, Evie had cleaned up the messy kitchen from Sunday night's dinner.  We were too lazy to do them on Sunday night.  And she was ready to go to the gym and get in a walk, to see how her back felt on the treadmill.

I was alone, then, in the early afternoon, a strange feeling actually because both of us have been housebound for quite a while. For lunch, I warmed up the leftover shrimp and snow peas and watched Bloodline and have a half hour to go to finish the series.  It was a bizarre afternoon for me because I liked neither the series I was watching (Bloodline), nor the book I was reading (The Hush), and could not wait to finish them.  Both deal with weird dreams, flashbacks, or the supernatural, which are confusing and boring.  Fortunately, I finished The Hush and started SOURDOUGH, a book I instantly took to, about a young, female computer programmer's life in San Francisco.  I am already contemplating making another sourdough starter.  It's funny how books and TV influence my interests and actions.

Evie returned about 3:00, having stopped at TJ Maxx's after working out, no surprise, and bought a couple of mats for either our kitchen or bathroom.  Neither, unfortunately, seemed just right so we will be taking them back, hoping to find some tomorrow when we go to Erie and do some shopping at both Sam's Club and Bed, Bath, And Beyond, Evie's favorite, the bane of my shopping experience.  In between shopping at big box stores, we will be working in Evie's doctor's appointment.

We both decided in the morning that we would have breakfast for dinner, so after a glass of wine, Evie fried up some leftover potatoes, eggs and bacon, toasted a bagel, of course, a salad, and we had dinner.  We watched Homeland and we are finally beginning to understand what is going on, that Carrie is running a rogue unit outside of the purview of the government.  We ended the night with another episode of The Killing, this time a murder involves a military academy and its students.  Joan Allen is perfect as the Academy's Commandant, stern and humorless.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...