Thursday, March 15, 2018

Six Is A Charm


7:15 

7:16  Fisherman Needed His Snowshoes
It's 7:00 and the lake is just becoming visible although the sun won't rise for another half hour.  It's 18º, overcast and it is not snowing, amazing grace.  We may get an inch during the day but nothing like yesterday.  I just returned from breakfast in Bemus and noticed that the shoreline near the bridge was open water with hundreds of floating and bobbing mallards and buffleheads.

Frosted Pine Needles
Well, the weatherman was finally correct, as we did have a winter storm yesterday.  It was snowing when I got up and I was out shovelling our parking area before eight o'clock. And I was out again around 5:30, to clear it again late afternoon, the sixth time in the day.  I cannot remember having a snow day like yesterday.  It never let up and every time I looked outside, there was another three or four inches.  We likely got between 18 and 24 inches in 12 hours.  This morning, when I looked out, I had to smile as the car was still snowless, the parking area cleared, a minor miracle.

Our Stone Spider Snowed In
And the above mostly defines our day as we measured it in my trips outside to shovel snow.  I know I should have cross-country skied, maybe hiked somewhere but I was busy enough at our house. Maybe today.  Evie kept busy inside, doing the wash, folding clothes and working on scanning old photographs from our scrapbooks with her iPhone.  It's time-consuming and could take her the next couple of months.  Yet it's worth it, to have them saved and put on Google photos in digital albums.  If anything happened to the old albums,  many family memories would be lost.

5:32 PM
Besides shovelling snow,  I watched some basketball as the local St. Bonaventure team beat UCLA in the preliminary round of March Madness.  And I read some, took a nap, had a lunch of leftovers and watched Bloodline.  My day does not change much.

7:00 PM
We did have an extended wine time, with another dose of red pepper jelly and cream cheese on crackers.  Dinner was an Evie favorite.  All she had to do was pop the leftover frozen meatloaf in the oven with a couple of potatoes and we had dinner.  We watched some Stephen Colbert, Vice News and another episode of The Killing before going up to bed.

A Couple of Feet

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...