Monday, March 5, 2018

Cloudless In Chautauqua


6:30

6:50

7:12
I was up at 6:30 to a chilly 14º and an azure morning sky.  Around 6:50, I looked up from my computer and thought of the Beatle's song, "Here Comes The Sun," written by George Harrison.  It's brilliance this morning overwhelms everything, the sky, lake, yard and living room.

Yesterday was a good day, Sunday at its best.  It started for Evie and me with an easy morning with no 'have to do's' since we were going to Linda and Ron's for Sunday dinner. Yippee.  Around 10:00,  Evie suggested I get in a hike somewhere so I put on my boots and drove five miles to the Dobbin Woods Preserve.




It's usually an easy half hour walk but because of the snow, it took me close to 50 minutes, mostly because it was so spectacular that I took one photograph after another as every step was another photo shot, every tree, branch, twig, frosted with wet snow.   I loved walking its perimeter but missed hiking with Evie.  I was home around noon and Evie had made me a breakfast bagel and had it warming the oven, what a gal.  We watched another great CBS Sunday Morning, with its emphasis on the Academy Awards, both past and present.



Our afternoon went quickly, with some TV, some reading, perhaps a cat nap or two.  But by 5:30, we were showered and ready to drive to Linda and Ron's cosy home for dinner.  We had beers as usual before dinner, with Evie and Linda in the kitchen, talking about the week, and Ron and me in the TV room watching the end of the Purdue/Michigan game. Around 6:30, we sat down to a pan dinner of crispy chicken, roasted potatoes, green beans, a salad with feta cheese.  We sat around until the start of the Oscars, finishing the last drop of our wine.

Sunday Dinner 
We had our dessert, chocolate mousse (made with avocado) with whipped cream and watched the first hour of the Oscars until we both got fed up with them as they obviously put the 'most important' awards to the end.  So around 8:30, we headed home on the empty roads of Chautauqua, happy with a fun Sunday night dinner with friends.  We watched some of the Oscars when we got home by I had enough around 10:00 and went up to read.  For some reason, neither Evie nor I liked them, not sure why.  Perhaps they are just getting old, more of the same each year, a movie wins that nobody really watched, things like that.

A BIT OF NOSTALGIA:

                                                        Istanbul, Turkey, 1972
Bosphorus Promenade Between Arnavutkoy And Bebek
A New Think: "At the end of day, you can either focus on what's tearing you apart or what's holding you together." Irvin Yalom, Professor Emeritus Of Psychiatry at Stanford University

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...