Wednesday, February 28, 2018

Morning Sun, Cloudy Afternoon

6:23

6:57

6:59

7:05
It's 8:00 and both Evie and I are up, listening to Sonos, as a few clouds blur the morning sunshine.  I was up at 6:15, a 34º morning, a mostly sunny dawn morning.  And hard to believe, there is a 'winter storm watch' for Thursday night and Friday, with the possibility of 5 to 10 inches of snow.  I will believe it when I see it.  Coincidentally, as I reading Borland's Sundial Of The Seasons for February 27th, he begins it with the following: "February may end with a snowstorm..." 

Yesterday was another crisp winter/spring day, temperatures in the 40's for most of the day.  I had a busy morning, as did Evie.  While she was breading and frying up the eggplant for our dinner of moussaka, I drove off to Jamestown, stopping first at Ryder's for a coffee, then at Evans for some wine and ended up at Dunn Tire for a free four wheel alignment on my Outback.  If you get an alignment, the second one is free if it's within six months.  So I took advantage of it, wondering if the potholes had compromised the alignment.  Not much according to the technician which is good to know.  I then drove to WCA hospital and picked up the results of Evie's MRI.  I was lucky to be able to get it because the patient is supposed to pick it up.  The nurse had to call Evie to get her permission for me to pick it up.  I ended up, where else, at Wegman's, to pick up a few things, seemingly part of my almost daily routine but get the 5% discount because Tuesday's are senior days.

When I got home, Evie had the eggplant breaded and ready to fry but first, she grilled me a couple of toasted cheese to go with my lentil soup.  I watched another Bloodline and stopped watching after 20 minutes because I dislike the brother so much that I can hardly stand to watch him.  Why I am not sure?  It was good to get back to Elvis Cole and Joe Pike in my Robert Crais novel.  The rest of the afternoon was spent relaxing or watching some TV or baking.  I had put together a no-knead bread Monday morning, so we baked it around 2:00, checking to see if it was done after forty minutes. 

Evie then made up a tomato sauce for the moussaka, layered the fried eggplant, sauce, bechamel and cheese, getting it ready to bake later in the afternoon.  I knew I should get a walk in but was too lazy to get up off my couch, to put down my book.  Around 5:30, Evie put the moussaka in the oven and we relaxed for the next hour with a glass or two of wine as the long day waned. The moussaka was really good, unlike the Greek moussaka, which was usually dripping in olive oil.  We wanted to watch a show or two on Netflix but it kept shutting down so we said the heck with it and watched a couple of programs we had saved.  We have been watching a couple of new series, Maine Cabin Masters,  the one last night was a crew that renovated cottage set on a lake.  They did an amazing job of renovating a cottage for supposedly twenty grand.  We both thought it should have cost forty or fifty grand.  It was fun to watch and another one we like is called Building Off The Grid.  Both are on the DIY channel.  We ended the night with laughs, compliments of Trump usually, on any of the night time talk shows.  What would they do without him? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...