Thursday, February 8, 2018

Three Below!


6:48

7:31

7:32

7:34

7:38
It was a shock to my system when I walked outside at 7:00 to take a photograph.  It was like being smacked in the face by the cold.  I thought, wow, how cold is it, walked back in the house, checked my weather station and it said 3 below.  No wonder there is not a fishing hut on the lake yet.  They will, however, come.

Well, the best part of yesterday was that Evie's sciatica subsided so that she could enjoy the day.  The morning was the usual, an enjoyable cup of coffee, 'breaking news' that had been breaking for twenty-four hours and finishing the blog.  It was a nasty morning outside, four or five inches of snow overnight and snowing when I went out to clean the car at 9:30.  I even contemplated not going to yoga because of the weather.  And the roads were terrible on the way to yoga, so bad that I kept the car at 35 in a 55 mph zone.  The worst part, the snow on the road tends to hide the potholes so that if you don't know the roads, you could damage your tires.  A friend in Cleveland wrote yesterday about getting two flats on his way to work.  Yoga, as a result, was sparsely populated, just four of us, including our Yin teacher Danielle.  On the way home, the snow had stopped and the roads were mostly cleared but still snow covered so I took my time.

To my surprise, when I drove in, the parking area was cleared, as Evie had been busy, daring her back to reoccur.  I tried to get her to stay home but she was determined to do some shopping and had a hair appointment at 2:00.  So while I had lunch, squash bisque and a tasty Cuban, compliments of Evie, she shopped and got a trim.  Fortunately, the roads were much better, especially when she returned with a car full of groceries.  I took a nap, read more of my Longmire, and was out shovelling a couple of inches off the parking area again when she returned.

The Beauty Of Late Afternoon Cross Country Skiing
After finishing the shovelling and helping to put away the groceries, I strapped on my ski boots and went cross-country skiing, on a gray and snowy afternoon.  It was windy, especially with the snow blowing in my face, so I skied through Woodlawn and the campground before heading back home on the lake.  It was a good workout skiing on the lake because of the ten inches of snow.  It felt good, however, to be out there and I am glad I pushed myself to ski.

And Fishing at 4:35PM
When I got back, Evie was sauteing mushrooms for our steaks, getting dinner ready.  We relaxed as the sun set with a glass of wine and it was good to sit down enjoying just sitting.

Dusk
At 6:15, Evie fired up the stove, fried potatoes, then steaks made a salad and we had a great dinner.  The steaks were done perfectly.  I found a new series I thought we might like called Black Harbor, set in Nova Scotia, about a family from Los Angeles who because of an ill mother, resettles in Canada.  It's a bit cheesy, made in 1998 but we may stick with it for a few more episodes.  The scenery is breathtaking, making both of us think about a trip there in the future.  We ended the night with Colbert and Vice News and another scandal, this time of wife abuse.  It seems there's a different scandal every night, to keep us glued to the tube.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...