Thursday, February 1, 2018

Clouds And Fishing Huts



7:04

7:29
The lake and Long Point are just beginning to come into view.  A few lights still on the lake, fishermen trying to see in the dark.  The sky is gray with a slash of white and it's a warming 34º, the high today 41º, but tomorrow's high, 18º.   Colder temps mean better cross country skiing on the lake.  Yea!

7:30
Yesterday was another day of 'large leisure' in that neither of us had anything we had to do.  Just enjoy being on the lake, I guess and do what we wanted.  I was determined to keep up with my yoga after skipping it Tuesday (I did a half hour at home), so I was off to Lakewood, to a really good class at 10:00.  Lots of variety and nothing too difficult or rigorous, my kind of class.  I stopped for coffee, picked up more eggs, and dropped off plastic and cans at the Can Man.  Whatever money I get back I donate to St. Susan Center, which feeds the needy in Jamestown seven days a week. 

When I got home, Evie was getting organized because she had an afternoon doctor's appointment in Mayville, always fun.  I had a lunch of defrosted onion soup with croutons and some salami with crackers.  I decided to stick with Bloodline and it's getting better, at least I am ready for the next episode.  When Evie left, I dug into my Bosch novel, took a nap and watched some NFL on Showtime, a discussion of what to expect this Sunday at the Super Bowl.  When Evie got home, around 4:30, I decided to see if the lake was any good for skiing.  So I strapped on my skis, not really, locked them in, then skied down to Sandy Bottom and back.   The snow was fine, no wet snow to speak of and my skis never froze up, good news because we should have some good skiing weather over the next four or five days. 

Cross Country Skiing At 5:15
When I got back, we both had a glass of wine before Evie made dinner, garlic spinach, brown rice, and salmon with our go to citrus sauce.  We were not sure what to watch, just that we were sick of the news and wanted to watch something to take our minds off of it.  So we started SAFE HOUSE on Starz, at the recommendation of Beth.  And we watched all four episodes in the series, finishing up around 10:00.  We accomplished our goal...no news.  I would give the series a C+, Evie gave it a C-.  I reminded her we did binge watch it so maybe it wasn't that bad.  I then finished up my Bosch and started the third Jack Taylor novel by Ken Bruen. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...