Friday, February 16, 2018

Fog And Rain And Another Month Of Winter


Fog At  6:57

7:52

7:56
It's 7:00 and the fog is so heavy I cannot see beyond the shoreline, Long Point has completely disappeared.  I assume there will be no fishermen today.  It's already in the 40's and will warm up even more next week.  Let's hope the warming trend does not ruin the Winter Fest in Mayville with its ice castle.  I just looked up and the fog has dissipated, Long Point is visible, the lake a large skating pond.  And, I noticed a fishing shanty just off of Long Point, a gathering off of Bootey Bay.

A Melting Snow Castle
Yesterday was another wet one, drizzle off and on, cloudy skies, potholes in the road, just another winter day in February.  I went to another crowded yoga class at 10:00 and Danielle is back, having recovered from a 36-hour flu.  She was very grateful to be back, healthy again.  I was tempted to get a coffee but resisted the temptation like a good boy.  When I got home, Evie put together the marinade for our Indian butter chicken, then headed to Mayville for a doctor's appointment.  I had a half of a leftover sub from Wednesday, so that was lunch along with some TV, still Bloodline. 

Chugging Out To Fish At 2:30 In The Afternoon
Not much happened the rest of the afternoon as I was not interested in trying to ski or even hike, just stayed inside, listening to the outrage, a result of the terrible shooting in Florida.  When Evie got home, I helped bring in the groceries, as she stopped at Tops to pick up a few things for dinner.  We relaxed, watched TV, and read the rest of the afternoon.  And though I was bored, I just sat on my couch, too lazy to go for a walk.  Evie put together our dinner around 5:30, searing the chicken, making the tomato gravy, putting everything together and letting it bake.  We had our late afternoon ritual of wine, as the fog rolled in the sky began to darken.

Fog Arrives At Dusk
The chicken tikka masala, with warmed naan, along with the Indian spiced cauliflower/potato dish was great, and a salad, of course.  We watched a couple of episodes of a 'hot Netflix series' called The End of the F****** World.  Great title.  After two episodes, we both decided that it might not be our cup of tea, however, the background music great.  Evie already googled the musical score and is making an Apple music playlist.  So we switched to the Olympics and were bored to death as we waited and waited for the action but mostly received commentary. One would think that after a day of activities, they would have lots of events stacked up, ready to view.  But no, it was a  tedious night of waiting, enough to make me forget about watching it tonight. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...