Friday, February 23, 2018

Windy And Dirty White


7:00
It's 7:15 on a gray, foggy, dirty white morning on the lake.  It's one of those winter days where you wish it were spring or 'really winter,' filled with snow instead of in between.  Like yesterday, the temperatures are in the 30's but will get up to the 50's later, so we will either a wet snow or  drizzle much of the day.

Yesterday at 11:30 AM
When we woke up yesterday, we had a couple of inches of wet snow on the ground.  It was nice to see some snow again even if it would not last long.  After coffee and breakfast, I decided to get in a short hike since I was not going to yoga.  So I put on my hiking boots and walked out Woodlawn/Victoria woods which as I mentioned was covered with a couple inches of wet snow.

Victoria Creek
As usual, it was good to be out in the woods even if it was only for a half hour.  I was tempted to try the lake but thought better of it as there was water along the shoreline.  When I got home, we experimented with some of the photographs that Evie had taken with her iPhone of old photos from the 1990's. We wondered what the quality would be like if we got them printed, so I went to the local Walmart Photo site and sent them an eight by ten.  Within twenty minutes, I had an email from them to say the photograph was ready to be picked up.  Ain't technology great.

Lunch was tuna salad sandwiches because Evie wanted to try out our new can opener.  It worked fine.  I watched the final episode of Season 2 of Bloodline.  It ended with another murder by the Rayburn family so next season will be filled with mega cover-ups.  I read and tried to nap but knew I had to be off to Jamestown by 1:30 so I just read.  So at 1:30, I drove the backroads to Walmart and picked up my photograph, fast and easy, as I was out in five minutes.  I then stopped for a couple of bottles of wine at Evans before driving to Farm Fresh Foods, in Jamestown, on 3rd, just north of the bridge.  They have a wonderful bakery and Evie had been thinking about doughnuts, so I bought two glazed and one cream filled, one custard filled for dessert after our dinner.  I then dropped my tax info off at the Westrum Tax agency on Main.  It took a few minutes to answer questions to see if anything had changed in my life, like a new source of income.  NO.  I then drove to the Subaru dealer where I was getting my brakes checked, making sure they were in good shape after 41,000 miles.  All was good so we will be ready for our trip West next week.  I did have to sit in a packed waiting room for an hour, occasionally having to talk with an old codger like me, who kept interrupting me and asking questions about the news on TV.  At least it was MSNBC, not FOX and no one really wanted to comment much on the topic, guns and schools.  By the time I finished, the sun had come out and it was blue sky ride home, as the gray of the morning had disappeared.

5:00 PM
I was home by 4:30, in time for us to share a half of a glazed doughnut as we could not resist.  We had planned on going out for wings but since I was gone much of the afternoon, we decided to just warm up the leftover roast chicken and have that for dinner.  So while it warmed up, I cleaned the brussel sprouts and Evie made a salad.  We then relaxed with wine, watching a wall of fog move in and out until the chicken was warm.

Fog Rising

Long Point At 5:04
We then had dinner, even better than the night before.  We watched the US team of two women win the cross country ski race.  It was so exciting that we both screamed when the US woman finished a half of ski length ahead of her opponent.  Pretty cool.  We also watched the women's individual skating but the last two Russians were cut off by the end of the coverage so we will have to watch it tonight.  We finished the night with a couple of Vice News before going up to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...