Friday, February 9, 2018

A Few Snow Flurries More


7:05

7:51
 It's 7:30 and I have been up for over an hour, watching it get light out.  No striking sunrise, no color, just darkness, gray, and now white.  It's warmer than yesterday's three below, a toasty 9º.  We may get up to five inches of snow today, perhaps an inch tomorrow, Saturday, when it warms up some.

Long Point, Yesterday mid-Morning
Yesterday began with breakfast at 8:00 with the guys at the Bemus Point Inn.  It's always a good way to start the day although I often have to hurry home because I have yoga at 10:00.  I usually get home around 9:15, finish the blog, put on my sweats and head off for yoga around 9:35.  On Thursday, if you want a spot at yoga, you have to get there early.  After class, I had a few errands to run, so I stopped at Ryder's for a coffee, before washing my car at the self serve car wash.  It took quite awhile to get some of the ice off of the car because of the cold.  I then stopped at the bank, deposited a check at the ATM, so easy, then spend quite a bit of money at Evans Liquor & Wine Store.  As my Grandfather would say, "Alcohol is a wonderful thing."  I might add, in moderation. 

I got home around 12:30 and Evie had my lunch ready, leftover meatballs, tomato sauce and pita bread, the making s for a Turkish Iskender Kebab.  Thank goodness for leftovers, even if they are frozen and have to be thawed.  It makes for an easy and tasty lunch.  Not much changed the rest of the afternoon, reading, watching some TV and napping. 

Evie, however, always seems busy, always has projects.  We were going out for dinner, so it was nice for her not having to worry about dinner.  I went for another good trek on the lake on my skis.  The sun came out briefly, the wind died, making it perfect for being out on the lake.  Of course, I was only the lonely except for a few fishing huts. I went as far as Sandy Bottom, then to the end of Woodlawn.  It woke me up, energized me, and made me wonder why I don't go out every afternoon.

Some Blue During Cross Country Skiing
We were going to the Stockton Hotel for dinner, about a half hour ride, so we picked up our friends, Linda and Ron, and drove through a light snow to Stockton.  Evie had called for reservations in the bar and surprisingly, they said no problem.  When we got there, a group was just getting up from our table, so we were happy.  Linda and Ron decided to try the special, liver, with onions and bacon.  Both ordered it, liked it.  I had wings and Evie her usual chicken sandwich with hand cut fries.  It was fun to get out, to sit in a very busy bar, filled mostly with guys in bulky snowmobiles suits.  In fact, the entire time we were there, snowmobilers with coming and going as it was a perfect night to be out on the trails.

Dinner In Stockton
We didn't get home until 9:00, an easy drive, fortunately, with the roads cleared and no snow.  We quickly changed into our sweats and enjoyed some of the opening of the Olympics from South Korea.  We watched some figure skating and women's moguls.  We were reminded of the great ice dancers from the past, especially the1984 Winter Olympics from Sarajevo, where Torvil and Dean wowed the world with their skating and style.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...