Tuesday, February 13, 2018

Morning Light


6:38

6:54

6:54

7:00

7:00

7:23

8:02
It's 7:30, the sun has risen on another cold morning of 4º.  I have been fortunate the last two mornings to be treated to morning light, compliments of clear skies and a sunrise.  As I mentioned yesterday,  I was used to Chautauqua gray but not this morning. 

Yesterday was in the 20's much of the day, so that it was warm enough to get outside but the melt from the previous day had frozen over, making some of the walks treacherous.  I did make it to yoga with a substitute teacher which was interesting.  I have been in her class once before, and her shtick is the rub our shoulders with China Gel at the beginning of class, then spray rose water around the room, and end class, during savasana with a foot massage.  Because it was a large class, it took her awhile.  And during one of our long yoga poses, I looked up and she was texting on her phone during class while on a mat.  I had to laugh to myself, definitely not yoga like.   We did not need any eggs or food since we have been eating leftovers so I came straight home. 

1:20 PM
When I got home, Evie was talking to our son Tom who was in Tokyo, waiting for his flight to the Philippines, where he will be spending most of the week for work.  We are hoping to head his way for a visit in early March.  Lunch was easy and quick, saute some tomatoes, add eggs and feta cheese, toast a bagel and I had lunch.  I am sticking with Bloodline although I am not always able to get through an episode.  Evie spent a good part of the day at leisure as she had not come up with something she had to do.  Good for her.  I read and took a nap, then watched the mid-afternoon comedy hour, as the charmless Sarah Huckabee Sanders attempts to explain the previous day's events and Trump faux pas, usually with prevarication or not answering the question. 

Cross Country Skiing at 3:37

Afternoon Shadows Lengthen 
Afterwards, I went out for a decent cross-country ski, the lake glistening with sunshine, the temperatures in the 20's.  Unfortunately, about halfway to Sandy Bottom, the wind picked up and was really fierce on the way home, biting my face, freezing my hands.  Needless to say, I was glad to get home in a warm, cosy house.

5:35
6:05
We wanted to have a nice cocktail hour, watch the sky slowly darken, so we had a Manhattan, with cheese and crackers, and cashews.  The sky had that hard to capture rose colored look, so I ended up running in and out taking photographs, trying to catch the color.  And dinner was easy, just throw the leftover pork chops and baked potatoes in the oven and pour the dressing over a Southwestern salad mix.  We decided once again to DVR the Olympics and watched the first episode of Homeland, an episode of Divorce and some Stephen Colbert before hurrying through the Olympic commercials and hype so we could watch another amazing teenager snowboarder, Chloe Kim, who won a Gold Medal in Halfpipe.  She was fearless and dominating in the event and began snowboarding when she was four years old. Once she had her epic run, we decided we had enough and went up to bed. 
American Gold Medal Winner, Chloe Kim, A Second Generation Korean
Three Medal Winners On Half Pipe

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...