Thursday, April 6, 2017

Stormy Weather


7:50

Well, the wind is howling, the lake's choppy, the sky is gray and it's spring like 53º for the day, with snow predicted tomorrow.  One last blast?  I have been up for over an hour catching up on the 'breaking news,' and waiting with bated breath for POTUS's first tweet of the morning.

Yesterday was another Erie day, this time having nothing to do with my car.  The day started with a good yoga class at Eight Limbs, a surprisingly small class.  I am getting back in the routine which is nice.  When I got home, we were not sure what to do with the day but eventually decided to drive to the Sprint Store in Erie, to get caught up on our new smart phones and all the ways to use it.  So after another lunch of leftover chicken and Greek lemon potatoes and a brief nap, we drove to Erie, an easy forty five minute drive.  Fortunately, the store was not very busy and we worked with a very helpful guy who helped me set up all the various apps on my Samsung smartphone and showed me how to use it efficiently.  Now it's almost like using my MacAir computer.  And he helped Evie out with a few questions she had about her phone.  So after forty five minutes, we walked out feeling confident about our phones, a mistake.

Early Evening Blue
We then drove to the Peach Street Mall and Evie went shopping at T.J. Maxx while I was one of the cool guys in a packed Starbucks, sipping my coffee, working on my computer, with my cell phone sitting on the counter ready for an important call.  Unfortunately, I had turned it completely off when I left the Sprint store and couldn't figure out how to turn it on (there's a button on the side of the phone which you have told hold down for a few seconds), so I sat there like a dummy, too embarrassed to ask anyone if they might know how to turn it on.  Evie walked in about a half hour later, wondering why I did not respond to her text.  When I told her why, she picked up my phone, turned it on in five seconds and though she did not call me an idiot, I am sure she thought it.  Me, too.

Looking Good?
Even though we were having the McClure's for a baked ziti dinner, we took the long way home, through Findley Lake and Sherman.  The ziti was basically ready, so all Evie needed to do was make the white sauce, get the salad ready, the garlic bread and set the table.  I was a big help as usual.  Ron and Linda arrived at 6:30 and we had great appetizers, chips and dip, while we sipped a beer.  The ziti was great, something I had been wanting for weeks, as was the salad and garlic bread.  We ate and talked and drank wine until the ungodly hour of 9:30 when we hurriedly rose from the table, as it was  getting sooo late.  We tried to take a selfie with Evie's new phone but, as Evie found out later, she had to connect her new phone and stick with bluetooth.  We did manage a photo as I was able to reach the camera at the end of the selfie stick and press the button on the camera.  When the McClure's left, I quickly rinsed the dishes,  Evie put away the leftovers, and it was time for some junk TV then bed.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...