Thursday, April 20, 2017

Fog And Rain



6:33

7:00
Up at 6:00 to a lake blanketed in fog.  It's still warm, 52º, and there's not much of a view as I look out at the disappearing lake.  I don't think we will have much of a sunrise this morning.

Yesterday was back to normal for me, as I started back with yoga after a two week hiatus.  It felt good to get back but it seemed more like work than usual as I am out of yoga shape if there is such a thing. I also bought a bolster, which will be a big help in my home practice.  After class, I stopped for a coffee, talked with the young barrista who had her book of poems for sale at the counter.  I talked with her about poetry and regret not buying her book.  Next time I see her, I will.  We have to support our young writers.

When I got home, Evie was busy as a beaver; I assume beavers are very busy.  We were having the McClures over for a late Easter dinner.  So we were having our all time holiday favorite, a rib roast, with twice baked potatoes, popovers, asparagus and salad.  Thus, it took quite a bit of organizing and prepping by Evie so that all was done by the time they arrived.  And she balanced the kitchen stuff with working on the Shutterfly album which is about 95% finished although it will take some editing to make it perfect.  So that was how Evie spent her day.

Linda And Ron, Again
I helped when I could and for lunch, Evie took time out from her chores to make me a tomato and feta cheese omelet.  I am a lucky boy.  The rest of the afternoon went quickly, with a book, a nap and vacuuming the downstairs and getting the house spiffed up for Linda and Ron.  They arrived at 6:00, just as Evie took the prime rib out of the oven.  We relaxed with a beer and appetizer before sitting down to dinner at 7:15.  Everything was great, or course, and my favorite was the prime rib with popovers and gravy, reminding me of Sunday dinners at my grandparents house in the 1950's.

Better Together
We sat around finishing off a second bottle of wine until 9:00, rarely mentioning politics, and then watched a skit from Saturday Night Live we saved, with Melissa McCarthy playing Sean Spicer as the Easter Bunny at the White House.  I think even conservative republicans would have to laugh at this skit. She looks so much like Spicy that when I look at him during a press conference, I only see her.  Linda and Ron left around 9:30, and Evie and I quickly cleaned up the kitchen, so we don't have much of a mess to face this morning.  Another good dinner and fun night with Linda and Ron.  We went to bed listening to rain on our roof and ended up with over an inch of rain overnight.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...