Thursday, April 13, 2017

A Busy Photo Shoot Morning


6:07

6:29

6:30

6:30

6:50

6:56

6:56

7:21
It's another one of those crazy mornings where each time I look out towards the lake, it's another great photo shoot, so up I get, put on my clogs and go out and take another lake picture.  I have been doing this since 6:10 and, by the way, I have to head outside again.  Evie's going to go crazy trying to pick out the best of my thirty morning shots to put on the blog.

Yesterday we once again were not sure what to do with our day.  So we hung out, had our coffee, read the NYTimes, then our local paper, The Post Journal.  And on Wednesday's  The Post Journal has an Aldi's Ad.  Evie mentioned that they had a couple of interesting items, a good looking grill for $139.00 bucks, quite a difference from the Weber grills I have been looking at for around five hundred.  So I jumped into my Pilot, drove to Aldi's, liked the looks and the price of the grill and got someone to help me put it in the car.  Now I have a garage with a new Honda mower and a new gas grill that I will have to put together sometime this spring.  Fortunately, I have handy neighbors, Bill and Jim take notice, so it should not be much of a problem!  I also stopped at Tri James gravel and am about ready to bite the bullet on 15 yards of #2 stones for our road and driveway.

When I got home, Evie was busy doing something and it was too early for lunch, so I put some yoga music on the Sonos and worked through some yoga postures for about forty five minutes.  It felt good to stretch my back in particular.  Around 12:45, Evie was ready to head off to the Y so I heated up the leftover Chinese for lunch and watched, yep, another Wallander.  The rest of the afternoon was one of leisure, reading and napping and watching some of the 'breaking news' on CNN.

Sun Set At The Viking Club
We did not worry about dinner because it was Cuban sandwich night at the Viking Club, so Evie was ready for bear by 6:00.  We were lucky enough to get a seat at the bar, ordered a beer and our Cubans and were happy campers for the next hour.  It was a beautiful evening on the lake, and we struck up a conversation with a guy who always seems to be at the bar but we have never had a chance to talk with him.  We started our conversation talking about the United airplane incident which led to him talking about all the countries he has visited but dislikes air travel.  He then told numerous stories of about having to spend nights in the airport, often lying on the floor or a cot, because of canceled flights.  It did not make us want to fly.  We stayed until around 8:00 and drove home at dusk, as the sun had already dipped behind the horizon.  We had enough time to watch the next episode of The Americans.  Sadly, it looks like Gabriel, their spy master, is leaving and both Elizabeth and Philip are beginning to allow their humanity to show as they question some of their past actions.  We ended the evening on another low note, watching Vice News brief episode on the  horrendous famine leading to mass starvation that is taking place in Somalia, which The Donald does not seem to have noticed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...