Wednesday, April 12, 2017

Nothing But Gray


6:35

8:10

Not much to see this morning, as it's overcast though not raining and a 44º morning.  It will not get much warmer although we may get some sun later in the day.  A few buffleheads are diving in front of our house, as couple of mallards float by, a quiet morning actually, no quacking or boat motors, just Morning Joe.

Mallards
Yesterday was cloudy and wet, with occasional showers on and off until sunset.  And though Evie tried to do some raking, she was soon forced inside by the rain.  I decided to get some errands done, so I drove to Lakewood, to get a coffee to fortify me for my errands, then stopped at Office Max to pick up envelopes and printer cartridges that always seem to empty too quickly.  I then stopped at Home Depot to pick up some potting soil but saw they had a Honda Mower sitting there for a hundred off its price.  I know ours is about to die so I called Evie, couldn't get hold of her of course, so I decided to wait and drove off to Jamestown, to AAA, to pick up some information on North Carolina's Outer Banks because we may take a road trip to their beaches in late April or early May.  Evie called just as I was leaving and gave her the go ahead on the mower, so it was back to Home Depot.  I bought the mower and told them I would most likely pick it up today so they left it behind the front desk.

Photo From Lakewood With My New Samsung Phone Camera

Photo From Lakewood at 10:37
I then stopped at Tri James Services, where I usually get my gravel or stones to see how much it would cost to get a truck load of crushed stone for the road in front of our house.  I usually do it on my own, filling three or four buckets at a time but I don't think my back will enjoy it.  It's not cheap, however, but I think I will have to bite the bullet and order some.

For lunch, I had leftover Chinese, with lots of rice to fill me up and then watched some TV, read, took a nap while Evie busied herself around the house since it was too wet to go outside.  Around 3:30, I decided I did not want to wait until today to pick up the mower and I wanted to drop my bike off at Hollyloft for a tune up.  So I drove to Celeron, dropped my bike off after getting a lesson on how to easily take off the front wheel if I want to put the bike in my Outback.  I then picked up my new Honda mower from Home Depot and drove it home to Evie's delight.  Nothing could make Evie, the lawn girl, happier than a new Honda mower.  Now we will have to wait for the lawns to dry out as there are still really wet from last week's rain.

Early Evening Rain At 7:48
Dinner was Chinese, our home version, which I usually cook.  Evie does all the prepping, the broccoli, chicken, bean sprouts, mushrooms, scallions and sauces and I put in all together, serving it over rice.  I still cannot get the sauce and spices right, as it always seems bland even though I do use quite a bit of hot bean sauce.  I don't know what the magic is in a Asian restaurant, perhaps monosodium glutamate.  It was decent, filling, and it felt good to eat something healthy, lots of vegetables.  We watched the most recent episode of American Crime which always seems to deal with a current problem, in this case sex trafficking and abuse of illegal migrants.   We then watched another Vice News and James Corden before going to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...