Saturday, April 1, 2017

Saturday Blahs/Blues


8:12
Another unlovely morning here at the lake, light rain, 37º, cloudy, and wrinkled lake.  It's not very inviting out, for either hiking or kayaking, just sitting inside waiting for the Final Four games late afternoon.

Bufflehead Dives

A Pair Of Buffleheads
Yesterday morning was a carbon copy of this morning.  I did, however, get to yoga class and I am back to normal, no more strained iliopsoas!  So was able to fully participate and leave class feeling good, finally.  Yoga has become part of my day, my routine, and without it, I feel at a loss, especially when the weather is inclement, like today.  A creature of habit, I stopped for coffee and organic eggs at Ryder's Cup and then came straight home, no shopping although I was tempted.

When I got home, Evie was excited because she had just talked with our son Tom and the new phones were in at USA-800 and were on there way to us and will be arriving on Tuesday.  Little things, more stuff, make us happy.  My buddy Paul Storey called from Xenia, so I called him back and we talked basketball for twenty minutes.  It was good to hear from him, one of my teammates from Ohio University.

For lunch, I made a corned beef sandwich with the rest of Tuesday's corned beef and went crazy having two kosher pickles along with vegetable soup.  By the time I was finished, Evie had left in the rain for the gym, so I had the house to myself for a couple of hours, to read, nap, and watch some more of the Wallander series.

We were not sure whether to go out to eat Friday or Saturday and if we did where to go.  Finally, we arrived at a decision, to go out Friday night at The Main Landing in Celeron for their fish fry and eat in on Saturday and watch the Final Four.  Whew.  Decisions.  We had been to The Main Landing a couple of times.  It's set on the water in Celeron and overlooks the docks and the source of the Chadakoin river.

Dinner On The Chadakoin River
We were not sure how busy it would be and were relieved to see there were seats at the bar, lots of them.  In fact, we were two of the three or four groups of people all night.  It was a slow night for the owner, who we talked with, something that makes it hard to anticipate.  We also talked with the personable bartender, Michelle, so we did make a couple of new acquaintances.  Our fish fries and hand cut fries were great, lightly battered so they advertise, although the fries were niggardly, so we ordered another bowl.  We sat so we could see the water,  the river and shoreline in black and white, as a shell paddled by in the rain, the crew happy to be out paddling again on the river.

View From The Main Landing
We drove home in a light rain, quickly got into more comfortable clothes and watched the final episode of THE FALL.  We had to laugh at how cavalier the authorities were with the serial killer, letting him walk around without handcuffs or restraints of any kind.  So when the lead detective and psychologist both get beaten up by the killer, we almost laughed out loud.  Not very sympathetic, I know but, hey, they sure were stupid.  We watched some junk TV until tired and went up to bed.  I did tape the UConn women's game so I can watch it later today because they finally were beaten after 111 games, an amazing run.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...