Friday, April 28, 2017

Overcast Skies, Calm Lake

6:41
7:56
Well, I was up in time for this morning 6:27 sunrise but there was none because of the heavy cloud cover, just gray on gray.  It's cooled off, 48º, after yesterday's high of 85º, not quite a record high but close.  No rain forecast but cloudy much of the day and the rains come in over the weekend.

Purple Martins Have Returned To A Duct Taped Home
Yesterday was not the best of days for either of us. I had a dental cleaning in the afternoon and knew that there was going to be bad news, like two new crowns.  And Evie had an appointment with a physical therapist who thinks she can be of some help with her TMJ which is good news.  So like many of our retired friends, our day was organized around doctor/dentist appointments, alas.  I did start my morning with a good yin yoga class and we spent most of the morning working on the back because most of the women are gardeners.  My back felt great after class, too. When I got out to my car, Evie had texted that a truck was stuck next door and she was worried about being able to get to her appointment on time.  Fortunately, they were able to get the truck out of the ditch in time so she could make her appointment at 12:15.  I was home just before noon, had a final lunch of gruel and a bagel, watched some SPIRAL, then took a quick nap before driving off to the dentist at 1:30.  I had to wait 45 minutes of course before I got a cleaning and heard the bad news.  What a way to spend the afternoon.

I got home around 4:00 as storm clouds were gathering.  Earlier, I had bought some grass seed with fertilizer added, so we both went outside and worked on the bare spots where our huge maple had once been.  This is about the third or fourth time we have tried to grow grass in this area and this is the last time I will try.  Let the weeds grow if the grass won't.  By the way, everything is beginning to bloom around here.  The daffodils and tulips are spectacular, the lilac tree is close to blooming and I even saw variegated shoots from the hostas.  Spring has sprung.

Dinner was easier than usual as Evie had picked up a rotisserie chicken at Sam's, cut it up along with lots of veggies and added an Indian Simmer sauce from Trader Joe's, made some rice, and we had a tasty Indian dinner.  We watched a recent film, NOCTURNAL ANIMALS, with some trepidation because we knew it would be violent.  And to our surprise we both liked it and were riveted by the dual stories despite the bizarre artistic license taken by the director, Tom Ford, whose goal is often to shock, like the opening nude scenes.  What it had to do with the story that followed is questionable although I am sure there are critics out there who have explained it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...