Saturday, April 22, 2017

Saturday Chilling


6:45

7:38

Long Point At 7:40
Woke up late, at 6:50, to an overcast morning sky and a cool 38º morning.  Twenty five or thirty buffleheads are cruising by, the males often chasing the females, on a ruffled lake surface.  It looks like decent weather over the next couple of days, lots of sunshine and temperatures in the 60's, our kind of days.

Morning Buffleheads
Yesterday it  felt good to get back in my routine of yoga, coffee and then some shopping.  Class was good and a new guy showed up, a neophyte, so I was not the only guy.  We worked mostly on hip openings, something I had never heard of before yoga.  I picked up a dozen eggs at Ryder's Cup, then on to Wegman's, surprisingly quiet for a Friday afternoon.  When I got home, I was having an easy morning, enjoying TGIF, no goals in mind.  Lunch was another plate of prime rib, twice baked potato and gravy and I watched the fourth quarter of the Cavs 26 point come back in against the Pacers. Things are looking up if they continue to play like they did in the second half.

After some TV, reading and a nap, I found my mojo once again, and decided my newly minted parking area need more pea gravel to top it off so I drove off to the gravel pit twice, filling five buckets with stones.  No one was around so I felt a bit guilty taking the stones without asking or paying but I will go back either today or Monday and make sure to pay for what I took.  Twice was enough for my back, and I spread it on some of the low spots.  Not sure why but I like doing this, probably because I can see progress as I spread the stones.

After Evie prepped dinner, salmon with a creamy, tomato picata sauce, we had wine time until 6:30.  The salmon was done just right after a couple of false starts and we had brown rice and garlic spinach with it, our go to salmon recipe.  We started to watch Vice News but Evie got a call from her good friend Vi, so while they talked, I watched the NBA game.  After she got off the phone, we watched another hilarious episode of Designated Survivor, finished up Vice News, then were happy to go up to bed, to read some before falling asleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...