Tuesday, April 11, 2017

A Light Rain On A Changing Morning Sky


6:23

6:38

6:44

6:58

7:02
It's 8:00 and I have been up since 6:30, documenting the morning sky as colors change, clouds move in and out, up and down.  Right now it's mostly cloudy, lots of  gray clouds, a balmy 57ยบ.  It looks like a rainy day although the rest of the week, through Friday should be sunny in the low 60's, perfect for being outside.  I also have been listening to Morning Joe and they are interviewing William McRaven, who just published a book called MAKE YOUR BED: LITTLE THINGS THAT CAN CHANGE YOUR LIFE...AND MAYBE THE WORLD. .  I think I might try it, making my bed, for a few days. Maybe it will change the world.
7:24
Yesterday was a busy day for me, one without yoga as the studio is closed for Easter week.  I was somewhat lost when I got up, without something to do.  I decided to get outside and work in the yard which took me most of the morning.  Lots of clean up, of leaves, twigs, the usual plus I cut down all the grasses from the past year and by the end of the morning, I had four barrels full of organic stuff.  It was warm enough so I could work in a tee shirt and by the time I finished, I was in in a sweat. While I worked outside, Evie kept busy inside, packing up various items to be returned, straightened up the usual morning sort of thing.

A Loon Spotting, Finally
For lunch, Evie put together a couple of avocado and tomato sandwiches on sour dough bread, a great way to start the afternoon.  While I ate and watched Wallander, she gathered up her packages and workout clothes and drove off to do some shopping and hit the treadmill at the YMCA.  I enjoyed a quiet afternoon, reading and napping but soon got bored and went outside to get more things done.  I began taking down lots of the summer items from the attic, gardening things, purple martin house, things like that and putting back winter items like snow shovels.  That took a while and just as I finished, Evie drove in and I helped empty the car and put away groceries.  I noticed how dirty the car had gotten over the past couple of days, so I got out my car washing bucket, sponge and chamois and washed my Subaru for the first time since last fall.  It felt good to see it clean, knowing that it did not cost me a cent.

We then both relaxed with a glass of wine and some appetizers, almonds, pistachios and cheese and crackers and stretched it out until 7:00 because it was such a lovely evening on the lake.  Dinner was easy as Evie had put sweet potatoes in the oven, sauteed some mushrooms before wine time, so all she needed to do was cook the steak in a grill pan for five minutes and we had dinner.  We watched BILLIONS with little interest and it too is getting silly, then Vice News, to depress us before watching some normal TV like Property Brothers, more relaxing, more fun before going to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...