Tuesday, April 4, 2017

Back To Gray


7:17

7:37

8:06
It's 7:40, a partly cloudy sky, a bit of definition in the gray, as clouds slowly drift over the lake.  It's a toasty 57º and we had a half inch of rain overnight.  More forecast for the next few days, with snow on Friday.

Yesterday was uncomfortably warm, as the temperature built up during the day until late afternoon, it was in the 70's.  I am back in the groove, going to a good Yin yoga class in the morning.  We worked on our backs although most of the positions involved forward bends, the one pose I really dislike probably because I am not good at it.  I know, that's not very yoga like attitude but that's how I feel.
I was tempted by a coffee but decided to go to the self car wash instead and clean all the winter grime and salt off of my Accord.  I had forgotten how bad the potholes are on the lake road through Lakewood and I don't think the roads around the area have ever been this bad, forcing any sensible driver to slow down at times to manage the crossing of bumpy areas.

4:10 PM
Neither of us had any projects in mind for the day, so we ended up slogging through the afternoon especially since Evie had a bad night, watching TV or reading and napping after a lunch of vegetable soup and toasted cheese, the finish of a Wallander episode.  We also did something we have rarely ever done in the afternoon; we watched a movie, 1975's Academy Award Winning Best Picture, ORDINARY PEOPLE.  It still holds up, a heartbreaking exploration of a family's attempt to deal with tragedy, the death of their oldest son and the anguish of their youngest.

Tom's Point

Trail To Tom's Point
After the movie, I wanted to get in a walk, so I drove to Hogan's Hut, parked my car, and walked the trail out Tom's Point and back, now a State Park.  It's probably less than a mile out to the tip, through scrub, cornfields, and finally woods.  And it was wet in some areas, causing me to pick my way to avoid soakers and getting stuck in the mud.  I was dressed too warm, with a fleece, not realizing the temperature was in the 70's.

Woodlawn From Tom's Point

Bemus Point Condos And Lenhart Hotel
When I got home, we relaxed with some wine, then Evie made us a good breakfast for dinner:  eggs, bacon, home fries, bagels.  As we waited for the NCAA final to begin, we caught up on BILLIONS and HOMELAND, neither of which are as good as previous years.  And I made the mistake of staying up to watch all of the North Carolina/Gonzaga final game.  It was ruined by the referees, calling foul after foul,  four in the first 78 seconds of the beginning of the second half.

As a result, neither team played well, both shot poorly and Gonzaga was hampered by fouls on their big men the entire game.  By the end of the game, I was ready to throw my shoe at the TV because of the delays caused by the referees.  And I didn't care who won.  Actually, I did and I thought Gonzaga got hosed by the referees, by the flagrant foul at the end of the game, a ridiculous call which gave NC the momentum.  I see that many of the headlines about last night's games agree with me, calling it 'The Worst Game Ever' or 'Referees Ruin The Game.'  Amen.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...