Saturday, April 15, 2017

A Saturday In The Seventies

6:50

7:00

7:15
 I was up at 6:15, made the coffee, walked outside to a warm 50º morning.  The sky slightly pink along the horizon and by 6:50, the sun had risen on a partly cloudy sky.  We are going to have a warm day with the chance of rain and thundershowers later in the day so we hope to get some work done outside before it rains, perhaps even cut the grass for the first time this spring,

We spent most of yesterday outside because of the nice weather.  I started my day with a great paddle down the lake.  Evie was up by the time I got home and soon, she was outside working in the yard, edging, weeding and raking, as there is always lots to do in the spring.  I wanted to get a few things done before my lunch, taking more twigs and leaves up the hill, spending some time doing yoga. First, however, I put together a no knead bread dough, hoping that our new oven will be the difference maker in its texture.  When I finished, Evie reminded me that  I had forgotten to attach perches to our purple martin house, so I donned my waders once again, walked out to the house, took it down, brought it back to the yard, attached the perches and went back out and raised the house now with perches for the martins.

I had the last of the Cuban sandwiches for lunch, the third day in a row, watched some TV and took a nap while Evie worked outside. She had our Sonos speaker sitting on the back porch, so much of the afternoon, we had 21 Pilots playing in the yard.  I came out to help, did some weeding and messing around in the yard until 4:30 when we came in, showered and went over to our neighbor's house, Jim and Barb's, for a beer and appetizers.

On The Porch Again, With Barb And Jim
We had not seen them for awhile so it was fun to catch up.  Around 7:30, we realized we better start thinking about dinner, so the four of us decided to go to the Seezurh House in Bemus for dinner.  It was a noisy, raucous place, crowded with patrons enjoying the fish fry and a gaggle of guys having a great time at the bar, making most of the noise.  It was hard to hear each other at times but we enjoyed being there, liked our meals, and it was good to see  the Seezurh House busy, quite a difference from our Thursday night winter dinners when we were the only patrons in the bar.  We did not get home until almost 10:00 so full of the fish fry, french fries, and beer that we had to waddle home.  We stayed up for a bit, watched some TV but we were soon tired and went up to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...