Tuesday, April 25, 2017

Dandelion Daze


6:18

6:42
I was up in time to see the sunrise but because of the clouds, there was none, at least one that was noticeable.  It obviously rose.  I had hoped for another day like yesterday but it's not to be.  Clouds all day, a chance of rain, 54º at the moment.

Monday was another day where we were excited and filled with gratitude to be living on Chautauqua Lake.  It was a perfect spring day, blue skies and lake, a gentle breeze, a warming sun.  I should have gone kayaking but felt I needed a good yoga class.  So off I went, a class full of gals and me.  I stopped at Ryder's Cup afterwards, then a quick run to the Dollar Store to pick up some aluminum pans, for freezing the cabbage rolls.  And since I was next to Walmart, I picked up a couple more cans of sauerkraut to top off the cabbage rolls.  I was home by noon and had a lunch of warmed, frozen leftover pizza.

Duck On The Dock
I watched more of the Spiral series and Evie, feeling the warm sun, got her dock stuff together, chair, cushions, phone, iPad and went out to sun on our dock.  It was a good choice, a light breeze, warm sun, and blue waters. Too bad the lake's too cold to swim.   I did my usual, read and napped and then got busy, with two more trips to the gravel pit, to finish off the edges of the road and driveway.  I am obsessed with filling every single spot.  Meanwhile, Evie tired of the dock and indulged her obsession, pulling yellow dandelions which covered out front yard.  Once she started, I could hardly get her to stop when it was time to enjoy a beer on the dock.  Both of us were sweaty from working in the yard, so we took showers, then gathered a couple of beers and pretzels and had our first cocktail hour on the dock, a good way to end our day.

Around 6:30, I grilled some burgers outside and Evie roasted cauliflower, sauteed mushrooms, warmed up my lentils and sweet potatoes and got out all the condiments for the burgers.  I grilled them 3 minutes a side, as recommended by the NYTimes Mark Bittman and they were done perfectly. Nothing like a burger unless it's pizza, my two favorite foods.  We watch a good BILLIONS, finally, and then the depressing but topical AMERICAN CRIME.  No one seems happy and nothing works out well.  Vice News was almost an antidote to it's depressing story.  And I am almost through with Greg Iles's 700 page MISSISSIPPI BLOOD.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...