Tuesday, April 14, 2015

Way Too Early Morning Skies


5:45
6:29
6:35
6:35
I was up at 5:45, Evie followed at 6:00, so we were both up watching the sky change, as the sun began to rise.  It's always different but somehow the same, whatever that means.  We both keep jumping off the couch, oohing and ahhing over the colorful sky.  A pair of geese float by; I wonder if they are the same pair as yesterday morning?  Finally, it's cooler today, 39ยบ at the moment, in the low 60's later in the day but sunny, in fact, it should be sunny all week.

Yesterday began like most Monday's, a short drive to another good Yin class, lots of us, most of them regulars.  Afterwards, I stopped for a coffee, my guilty pleasure but I also like to support local businesses.  Then, off to the dentist, again, because I was having discomfort with my temporary crown.  The dentist took it off again, cleaned up the area, redid the crown and it feels better already.  I then stopped at Brigotti's to buy vegetables.  They always seem to have better prices, fresher vegetables plus we are supporting a local store.  I feel better spending money there.

It was an unusually warm Monday, the highs getting into the mid 70's.  It was uncomfortably warm, actually, as Chautauqua spring is not supposed to be in the mid 70's.  When I returned from the dentist, Evie was off to get her hair trimmed and to look for various items to complete our new bedrooms, bed sheets, things  like that.  I had leftover tas kebab for lunch, on mashed potatoes and watched Banshee. One more episode to go?  Will he survive the bad guys?  I think so.
Home Of The Brave, Land Of The Free
Evie returned about 2:30, with a car full of goodies, much will be returned to Bon Ton or TJ"s if they don't fit or look right in our bedrooms.  I pulled a lounge chair out of the garage and set it in the front yard, enjoying the spring sun, the lake, the cloud formations,  reading a book.  But I soon got bored with it and decided to do something. My new mantra: "Don't think about starting a task; start it." So I did.   I grabbed my bike from the garage, threw it in the Pilot, and drove off to Bemus for my first bike ride of the year.  When I took my bike out of the car,  I was practically knocked over by the wind, supposedly up to fifty miles an hour.  I decided to ride anyways, and it was easy riding down to Long Point Park, around the woods, out to Long Point's tip,  but when I headed home on Lakeside Drive, the wind was ferocious, in my face, a bear.  I had forgotten how strong a wind can be.  But I just took my time, so I slowly made my way back to the car.  It felt good, however,  to ride in the woods, out to Long Point, as we have not hiked the park in the past month. .
Biking To The Tip Of Long Point
When I got home, I helped Evie prep our dinner, scallops in dry vermouth, by chopping up garlic, squeezing lemons, doing up the dishes.  Once all was set, we sat down and enjoyed a glass of wine before eating.  Around 6:30, Evie started searing the scallops, boiling the pasta, roasting the asparagus, making a salad, and I helped, mostly by washing dishes, setting the table, getting our drinks.  We watched Mad Men, then The Good Wife, and ended the night with another episode of Rita.  Mad Men is losing its panache, The Good Wife was predictable.  And Rita, the Danish series about a school teacher seems obsessed with sex.  For example, last night's episode opened with the principal of the school shagging Rita on the floor of his office. The Danes (Europeans) seem comfortable with their sexuality and it's a part of every show, so different from our puritanical views. We are more comfortable with violence. Which is more healthy?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...