Wednesday, April 29, 2015

A Sunny But Hazy Wednesday Morning

7:40
It's 7:00 and I have been up early enough to watch the sunrise, blinding at the moment, filling our living room with bright light.  A clean, well lighted lake is active with rafts of ducks, groups of 10-15, diving and bobbing, before flying northward.  It's 36ยบ out, sun scheduled by the weatherman for most of the day.  A few duck wakes pencil the otherwise smooth lake surface.

Wind's Picking Up, Wrinkling The Lake's Surface

Yesterday was a really good day despite the fact that I woke up with the blahs, not wanting to do much but sit around and drink coffee.  But, the beauty of the lake seduced me early, so I went kayaking around 8:30 for a half hour and observed a bald eagle, to make my morning.  So, I came home energized enough to go to yoga, enjoy the class, stop at Ryder's Cup before driving home.
An Erect Martin House Overlooks Long Point

Evie was busy, as usual, and like yesterday, she was making more cookies, time consuming because not only do they need to be made but decorated, which takes hours, especially if the cookies are in various shapes like ice cream cones, feet, hearts, etc.  The first batch was finished by 12:30, so there was enough time for me to take them to the Post Office before it closed.

For lunch, I had leftover fried rice and we watched The Daily show before Evie went back to finishing up the cookies.  I have to admit they taste and look great, more than worth the effort.  We then relaxed, read some but by mid afternoon, Evie was back in the kitchen putting together the makings for a pot roast dinner.  Nothing like an afternoon filled with the aroma of a pot roast slow cooking in the oven.  I decided to complete my version of a triathlon (kayaking, yoga, biking) by driving over to Bemus and biking my usual route, Lakeside Drive, Long Point Park, and back to the car, about an hour.

Around 5:30, Evie took time off from the kitchen to relax with a glass of wine, a beautiful late afternoon sky.  I peeled some potatoes for dinner, love them mashed, and around 7:00 we had just what I wanted, pot roast, gravy and mashed potatoes.  There may be enough left for another meal, too.  We watched a new series on Amazon Prime called Bosch, based on the Michael Connelly novels.  So far, it seems 'ok' but will give it some time.  We also watched another episode of Rita, where she finally consents to become serious with her school principal, Tom.  I don't think this is going to end well.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...