Saturday, April 4, 2015

A Dusting Of White

6:40
7:30
It's an interesting morning, waking up to snow on the lawn, car, road when I thought spring had arrived.  It's 30º out a the moment, 6:45, a slight breeze, and gray, gray skies. No possibility of a lunar eclipse this morning.

Yesterday was almost balmy compared to to the past three months.  I went to yoga at 9:30, then had a coffee, but had to wait in line for ten minutes because the couples ahead of me each ordered complicated, expensive drinks, like hot coffee milk shakes, that take time to make.   And yes, another quick stop at Sherwin Williams, which I vowed not to visit again until next week.  So much for my vows.

When I got home, the snow on our roof was gone, the yard mostly grass except where the snow plows piled the snow three or four feet high.  Indeed, spring has sprung.  I heated a bagel for lunch, and experimented with a packaged miso soup, adding noodles and a beaten egg for egg drop soup.  Not bad.  And I watched another episode of Banshee, only a few more to go.

Evie did not need my help with the upstairs though I strenuously volunteered my services.  So I took a nap, read some, made Turkish tea, and spent the afternoon feeling guilty.  I soon got over it, however, put the car away because we decided to stay home for dinner, and when Evie was finished up, I rewarded us with two Fireball whisky Manhattans, and Evie's tiredness and my guilt quickly melted away.

We enjoyed our cocktail with crackers and horseradish cheese, as the lake's white darkened and there were no fishermen on the melting lake.  We got the frozen pizza out of the freezer, from last week's visit to Pizza Hut and we had dinner, with a salad, not bad. We tried watching a new series that has gotten much good press, Unbreakable Kimmie Schmit, but after three episodes we decided to hang it up, wondering if there's something wrong with us, that we don't like the films (Birdman), the series (Kimmie Schmidt) that everyone else seems to like.  Is it a sign of our getting older, disliking anything new, preferring the oldies but goodies?  Or are we fine arbiters of taste and everyone else is wrong.  Yep, that's it...we are right and everyone else is wrong.  I feel much better.  Time to go upstairs to bed and read.

New Think:


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...