Thursday, April 23, 2015

Snow On A Spring Morning

9:40 
Beaching It On A Snow Day
We are up at 5:00 because I am having my 'procedure' at 7:00, first on the list!  I will be glad when I can eat again.

Yesterday was not much of a day for either one of us.  I was not allowed to eat all day, just liquids which limited things.  We forget how much we enjoy food until we are not allowed to have any.  I did go to yoga, thought it would be a good way to start my day of fasting, a spiritual/physical cleanse so to speak.  I enjoyed class, as usual, and there were even a couple of other fellows there.  I obviously did not stop for coffee, just came straight home to spend the day doing little.
Two Buffleheads and  ?
While I spent the afternoon doing little but watch a couple of DVRed NBA playoff games, Evie went into Lakewood, to take back some things and do some shopping.  I have not watched much of the NBA in years, but it was enjoyable, as one of the games was a hard fought Cavs win against the Celtics, the other Houston defeating Dallas.  I also took a nap, then read more of THE DAWN PATROL, my surfing/murder thriller.  Boone's just about ready to catch the bad guys as Sunny, his off and on girl friend is about to catch the wave of her life, changing it forever, as she becomes the first female surf stud.  What synchronicity!  Evie did not get back until around 6:30, arms full of stuff from T. J.'s and the Mall.

Dinner was easy for Evie, a sub sandwich from Subway and I got to have jello and broth and water. Yum.  Not much on TV, so we watched Jon Stewart and other junk TV until we both went to bed around 10:30, ready for an early rise.

I just walked outside, it's snowing, the ground is covered.  I had to clean off my windows, even scrape the front wind shield which was frozen.  Ah Chautauqua, you fickle beast.  Some snow is forecast for the next couple of days.
Waiting For Breakfast t At the Ashville General Store
It's now 10:30, and I am back from Jamestown, happy to be at home and eat something. Our  drive to Jamestown at 5:45, however, was white knuckle most of the way, a blur of snow flurries, icy roads, and trucks passing us, splashing our wind shield.  What the heck?  This is April 23rd.

On the way home, we stopped at the Ashville General Store to pick up breakfast, their 'Fixins', with bacon, mushrooms, green onions, eggs, and pita bread, tasty I might add and Evie made me a pot of espresso coffee.  Finally, I am a happy boy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...