Wednesday, April 15, 2015

A Dawn Of Many Colors


6:26
6:27
6:41
I was up at 6:00, getting to be my routine, to another great early morning sky, lots of colors, mostly oranges and pinks, shadows, reflections, and some clouds.  It's chilly out, 38º and should get up to 60º later in the day, a perfect temperature for a hike so we are going to drive to the Allegheny State Park, about a 40 minute drive (44 miles to the Art Roscoe Trails/Warming Hut), and hike one of their trails.
6:46
Tuesday began with yoga, no coffee, then home to an empty house because Evie was off to Mayville, for an annual physical, then some shopping at Tops, picking up a view things for dinner.  I decided to do some more work in the yard as lots of branches and twigs had fallen, a a result of the previous day's heavy winds.

6:50
When Evie got home, we had lunch, leftover Italian sausage, onions, and potatoes, and watched another episode of The Daily Show.  We were both tired from having gotten up so early, so we did not do much in the afternoon, though Evie did spray paint one of the mirrors from our upstairs bedroom, to see it would match the bedrooms, which it did.  Now she has two more to go.  I took a brief nap, then decided to kayak because the wind had died, the lake like glass, a warmth to the air.  I paddled for about an hour, down to the Power Boat Club and back, taking my time, shooting photographs of ducks and spring landscapes, a leisurely paddle.  I wished I had brought my fishing rod because it would have been fun to sit there an cast my line whenever I felt like stopping. Anyways, the wind picked up a bit when I returned though it was no where near as robust as the previous day when I was riding my bike.  It was enough to wrinkle the lake's surface, to bring a chill to the air.
Kayak Afternoon
For dinner, Evie had simmered some chicken thighs early in the afternoon, so we sat down and enjoyed a glass of wine before it was time for me to grill the chicken outside, slather it with barbecue sauce, our favorite way to make barbecue chicken.  While I charred the chicken thighs, Evie used the chicken broth to cook wide noodle and grated some cabbage for cole slaw.  So dinner was our typical summer picnic dinner, barbecued chicken, noodles in broth, and cole slaw.  All we needed was fresh corn on the cob.
Dove, Grouse, Pheasant? Not Sure
We were at a loss as to what to watch but I had read on the Rotten Tomatoes website about an ABC series called American Crime; they gave it a 98% ratings, so we decided to see what it was like.  We ended up watching four episodes, about a murder of a young couple, how it effects their parents, and the people accused of the murder.  Racism, drugs, addiction, and sex all figure in, making it a compelling viewing.  And the various characters are all perfectly cast, so that it's believable.  They avoid, for the most part, giving in to exaggeration or pandering.  I recommend giving it a try.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...