Wednesday, April 22, 2015

Overcast And Almost Cold

7:24
Tuesday Morning at 11:34 
I was up just before 7:00, a chilly 37º outside and a smooth, gray lake, a gray sky.  Lots of birds at the feeders, various water life float by as I sit here enjoying my coffee, listening to NPR.  It's not  going to be much fun today as I will be fasting for one of those 'uncomfortable' every five years medical procedures.  I will leave it to your imagination to figure out what it is.

So, yesterday morning was typical, my going to yoga and nothing like coming home, walking in the door, seeing our living room, clean and neat, the view of the lake, perhaps some sun and blue clouds, like a picture from a museum.

A Touch Of Spring Color
Anyways, we were thinking of driving to Buffalo, to the Walden Galleria, to visit the Apple Store before I left for yoga. So, when I got home from yoga, we both felt like getting out of here for a few hours, so we took the 75 mile trip to the Mall, getting there just after 1:00. We were ready for lunch so we went to the Food Court, interesting in that their were no major fast food outlets, no Mc Donalds or Burger King, mostly no name ethic food spots.  I did get a great gyro, the best I have had in a couple of years, with authentic gyro meat on a vertical spit.  Evie had fries from a place that sold mostly fries, but with all kinds of toppings.  They were, unfortunately, just average.  We ate with people mostly our age, teenagers still in school.  We then went to the Apple Store, to check out the new Mac Book Pro, smaller and thinner than my Mac Air.  I wanted to compare my computer to the Mac Book, and the newest version of my Mac Air.  My Air Mac was almost the equal of its newest version and that the new Mac Book though amazingly thin was smaller than my Air.  And it did not fit my needs as it has only one port.   So, I am sticking with the computer.  After Apple, we browsed a few other stores and Evie picked up some Shea Butter from The Body Shoppe, and a couple of cute serving bowls, from Williams Sonoma.  It amazes us that all these stores are able to survive the lack of business during the week.
6:11 p.m.
We got home around 4:00 wondering why we wasted our day in a car and mall, so unlike us.  It cured my desire to travel for a while as I was bored and tired by the time we got home and we were only in the car for three hours total.  Luckily, we had dinner already made, leftovers from Sunday night, so we were able to relax with a glass of wine, pretzels and dip, and enjoy the changing weather and sky. Within an hour, it was sunny, clouded up, started to rain, then became sunny again, then clouded up, much like the morning pictures from our  Tuesday morning blog.
Tom's Point Shore at 6:24 p.m.
We ate dinner watching more of Jon Stewart, then another Rita episode, as there was not much else on TV worth watching.  We are going to have to begin using our Amazon Prime which has a number of series we like which are not on Netflix and they are also free.  Evie pulls the show up on her iPad and then Apple TV is able to pick it up and put it on our TV screen, amazing technology.  We were both tired from our adventure in Buffalo so we went to bed early.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...