Wednesday, April 8, 2015

A Fowl Wednesday Morning


Morning Fowl (A Buffflehead?, Two Red Breasted Megansers, A Sea Gull
7:45
It's 7:30, a miserable gray and wet morning here on the lake, raindrops blurring the windows, a colorless morning.  Lots of buffleheads, however, are floating and diving on the open part of the lake, just in front of our house.  It's good to see them back on their journey north.  And the sky just changed, some pink and blue just appeared in the sky.  It makes the day more cheerful, my mood changing instantly from blah to yea.
Cairn Still Standing
Tuesday was another wet day, with a drizzle on and off most of the day.  Evie mentioned this morning it's like Groundhog Day around here, an apt remark, as every day recently has seemed the same.  For me, head to yoga, stop and get a coffee, and come home.  For Evie and Barb, get out the paint, the brushes, the drop cloths, and spend the day the working on one bedroom after another. Nothing seems to change; no thoughts of travel, of hikes, although the weather has not been conducive with trails wet and muddy.
Sparrow Eating Sunflower Seed
I forgot to mention a slight glitch in my day, a stop at the mechanics to check out a strange noise in my Honda Pilot.  When we were driving home Sunday night on #86, it was so dark that we could not see any of the potholes in the road and hit four or five of them, the result a bottoming out of our car when we hit a hole.  To make a long story short, I need new shocks and two stabilizers, to a tune of another four hundred bucks.  Soon, I am going to get tired of putting money into an old car and look for a new one.  But not yet.  The thought of a 500 dollar a month car payment, probably more, for five years makes me think twice about a new vehicle.  That's six thousand dollars a year when I probably spend around 1500 a year on my used cars.  Enough about cars.
Giving Evie The Bad Eye
Anyways, yesterday was a busy day for all of us, though I did take the morning off for a good yoga class.  I don't want to get out of the routine because it's so easy to not stay with it.  When I got home, two rooms were done, the blue and orange rooms, which was exciting.  I have to admit we both still have second thoughts about the colors but we will get used to them, at least I will, especially the orange room, my choice.  Evie and I spent the afternoon getting them spiffy, hanging lights, putting back light switches, window hardware, blinds, then making the beds, finding matching bedspreads, things like that.  It took us the entire afternoon but by the end, we had two bedrooms finished, looking ready for our grandchildren.  We are going to take our time hanging pictures, making sure we put up things that 'bring us joy.'
A Birthday Balloon Become Dangerous Trash (to Wild Life)
We were both tired at the end of day, and as always, sat in our living room with some bleu cheese, crackers and a glass of wine, enjoying the leisure, watching the lake slowly darken, the water fowl disappear into the night.  We had an easy but great dinner, of home fries with onions, fried eggs, toast and best of all, lots of bacon.  Yum.  We watched the penultimate episode of Better Call Saul then were at a loss as to what to watch.  I found a series from Denmark, which Netflix gave five stars, called Rita, about a school teacher in a private school, so we watched the first episode.  I liked it enough to keep with it.  We both laughed at the openness in which Europeans tend to treat sexuality, as if it's as normal as eating lunch, which it is I guess.  Rita talks about sex openly with her kids and her students, uses the 'f word' loosely.  And, while she is shagging the principal in his office, he gets a call from a parent, a complaint about a teacher, who just happens to be Rita.  So European.

I came across this in something I was reading yesterday and it made me laugh out loud.

Various religions view on the nature of suffering:

Atheism: I don’t believe this sh*t.
Buddhism: Sh*t happens.
Catholicism: If sh*t happens, you deserved it.
Hinduism: This sh*t has happened before.
Creation Science: We have proof that God created all the sh*t that happens.
Darwinism: We came up from sh*t.
Presbyterian: This sh*t was bound to happen.
Lutheran: If sh*t happens, don’t talk about it.
Quakers: Let us not fight over this sh*t.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...