Thursday, April 9, 2015

A Fog Out



6:45
It's 6:45 and I have been up since 6:00. The darkness has just faded and the fog has become pronounced, so that I can hardly see beyond the shore line.  It's 45ยบ, thus the fog, warm weather on a still cold, even frozen earth.  No water life are visible yet, perhaps they too cannot see for the fog.

Well, we have all the upstairs bedrooms done, with only the upstairs bathroom and a couple of walls to go.  We have two rooms cleaned, organized, except for the wall coverings, and one still a mess, which will take quite awhile to clean and organize, today's job.  Our final bedroom was painted a color called white raisin, a color I like but Evie, or course, is unsure.  We have decided to live with it for a month, and if any ONE of the bedroom colors really bother her, we will repaint.  I think, however, that once all the paintings and photographs, and hangings are put up, she will be happy.
More Fowl
Yesterday, for me was the usual, yoga with the ladies, two of whom are the sisters that own and run the coffee shop.  Class was rigorous and fun, especially because Jen, our teacher, complimented me on my progress.  A little encouragement goes a long way (She did not say, 'Good Job' by the way) but said she could see that I have been practicing everyday, which I have, since I go to class almost every day.  After class, a quick stop of a coffee, then home.  Lots of progress when I arrived, the hall ceilings done, and Barb was starting on the large front bedroom.  Evie was repainting the trim around the doors, just to make them look more finished.
The Long, Slow Thaw
Lunch was soup and chicken salad/avocado sandwiches, and Evie and I watched The Daily Show before both of us went back to work.  My job was to put all the hardware back on the windows, the electrical plates, and reattach the ceiling lights, a difficult task for me.  It took me twenty minutes at least with the first overhead light until I figured out a method which made it easier.  The last two were done in ten minutes.  It was another wet day outside, so there was not much to do other than read, help when needed with the painting, and relax.  Barb was finished close to 4:00, later than usual as she wanted to finish the final bedroom.
Odin's Feast (Pot Roast On Cheesy Tater Tots)
We decided to go to the Viking again for a burger and beer, as Evie wanted a change of scene and did not want to bother with dinner.  The club was quieter than usual, though some of the regulars were there. We got to talk more with a couple we have gotten to know but have never been able to sit close enough to them to really chat.  Doug is a retired social studies teacher from Jamestown and they are both fun to be with.  Evie ordered a chicken sandwich for dinner, really liked it, and I got the Wednesday night special, Odin's Feast (Pot roast over cheesy tater tots).  I am sure the pot roast is leftover from the weekend's dinners.  It was, however, great, tasty and tender pot roast on top of sinful but cheesy potato tots.  Evie loved it as well and I we even had enough to take home for lunch. A  good choice.  We got home around 8:30, in time to watch the rest of American Idol before going up to bed to read around 10:30.

A busy morning as Jamestown Mattress will be here at 7:30, to pick up our mattress, take it back to the factory, and redo the topper, making it less firm, one of their guarantees.  If you don't like the mattresses feel, they will take it back and fix it.  They will bring it back later today so we will not spend a night without a mattress.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...