Saturday, March 30, 2013

The Sun, The Sun, The Sun

Today's Sunrise at 7:10






Last Sunrise, February 10th
Up at 6:45, a clear sky, a streak of orange just above the eastern horizon, waiting for the sun to rise over Lakeside Drive.  It's colder this morning then yesterday, a chilly 22ยบ but like yesterday, the high will be in the mid forties later today.  Spring is edging in during the day, tends to disappear at night.  It will come.  This mornings sunrise was amazing, perhaps because it's the first one we have seen since February 10th, when our kids were here for the week.  Since then, until today, we have had cloudy mornings, obscuring the rise.
Fourth Street, Jamestown

Jamestown's YMCA

Yesterday was one of those lost days, getting stuff done but not the stuff you necessarily want to do, like getting your car worked on.  I needed new brakes and wheel alignment, so I dropped the car off at 10:00 and walked into Jamestown, to the Prendergast Library, about 15 minutes, to get help downloading books on my Kindle.  For some reason, a number of the new books won't let me download directly through Amazon to my Kindle but makes me download it to my computer, then via USB port to my Kindle.  Well, it was not working.  So, I talked to the library's computer guru, a nice kid, and he had never seen this before, had trouble figuring out how to do it, but after about ten minutes, we managed the download.  Strange.  He was appreciative that I had come in because now he knows how to trouble shoot for others. I then went to the Labyrinth Coffee Shop, closed for the week, typical, then to another one, Cibo's, had a coffee, got a call from the dealer that I needed a new tie rod.  He offered me a loaner, which I decided to take.  I walked back to the dealer, drove home to another pie, this time Hockaday School's chess pie, clearly a Southern favorite.  It looked amazing, especially since Evie added a meringue to to it.

Hockaday School Chess Pie

We ate lunch, a butternut squash soup, also made yesterday morning, relaxed till about 2:00 when I dropped Evie off at the Mall, to print some photos for Paul Storey, a buddy from Ohio University,  do some shopping and I went back to pick up my car.  I started to drive it away and heard a strange sound, called out the technician, and they took it back in.  A clip of some sort had broken off and they had to get it from a parts store, put it on my car, so I sat another hour waiting to get it done.  Sound familiar?  I finally drove the car back to the mall, picked up Evie and got home around 4:15, a wasted day.
Our Good Neighbors, Barb and JIm Fox

For dinner, we had made plans with the Jim and Barb Fox, our neighbors, to go out for dinner.  They came over at 6:00 to our house, we had a beer before going to the Rod and Gun for dinner.  It was a nice evening, still light, clear skies and the parking lot was packed with Jamestownitess.  We had a beer at the bar, then went into the packed dining room for Fish Fry's, what else on a good Friday.  We had a great time with them, as we had not seen them since January, as they seemed to come up on weekends when we were gone, like three weeks ago to Athens, Ohio.  Our meal cost us twenty bucks...checks at the Rod and Gun are always a shocker.  And the fish fry was quite good, a huge fillet, every bit as good as the Seezurh House.  We got home around 9:30, a fun evening, and I had saved the Kansas/Michigan game, so I watched most  of it, racing through commercials.  The ending was amazing, as Kansas had an eight point lead with a minute and a half to go, and lost in overtime.  My son Tommy must be in mourning. We also had the chess pie for dessert, a bit disappointing as it was almost too sweet for us, but a great crust.  The next basketball game, which started at 10:30 I  also saved so I will watch it this morning, if  I feel like it.

Yoga this morning, a work out for Evie, nothing else on the agenda, perhaps a walk, or putting away our winter toys.  We will have to see.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...