Friday, March 15, 2013

TGIF, No Longer Meaningful

Bean Fields at Bootey Bay

Morning Fishing, at 7:10
Woodlawn from Tom's Point

Bridge to Bemus

Bootey Bay



Up at 6:15, as usual lately, walked outdoors, no paper, not especially cold, 27ยบ, turned on NPR, got my coffee and I am happy.

Yesterday, my yoga teacher was back from a couple of weeks in India, so it was interesting to hear her talk about her experience.  I have a feeling it's the first time she has been abroad, at least in a country as poor as India, so the experience of travel has changed her view of the world.  It did mine as well when I back packed through India for three weeks in 1975.  Seeing people and families sleep and live on side walks and in the streets will do that.  We did try some new poses, which was fun, but one, lying on your stomach and crossing your arms in front of your chest, spread eagled, was very difficult to get out of. This is usually a crowded class but there were only six of us.  Evie had a great work out as well, going five miles on her machine.  We met at Ryders, after Evie stopped at Walmart, came home, I had some left pizza for lunch and watched some of the basketball games on TV.  This is the beginning of March madness, with league tournaments this weekend, wall to wall games on all the ESPN channels, a b ballers dream, a wife's nightmare.  That's why most houses have two if not three TV's.
Condos at Bemus from Tom's Point

Heavy Snow Gusts On Lake
Mid afternoon, I was hungry, suggested to Evie in jest that lemon squares might be a good idea.  She laughed, told me to hit the road.  So I did and drove to Hogan's Hut and braved the heavy winds, as I walked out to the tip of Tom's Point and back.  A short walk, twenty minutes out, twenty back.  Along the way, I hiked trails that were wet, so I had to bush whack around those section, patches that were bare, even grassy, as well as snow drifts up to my knee, a result of the open fields to the north, the heavy winds.  At the tip, it was also very icy, as the wind had whipped the water on to the shore line.  The wind was so bitter that I had to stop and turn my head at times. As I looked out over the lake, it would blow huge walls of snow across the ice, obscuring my view.  The sun would peak out occasionally, then hide behind the heavy clouds, a schizophrenic day.  When I got home, I was welcomed to the aroma of lemon squares baking in the oven.  What an amazing wife I have!

We had a leisurely cocktail hour, with Castello cheese, crackers, some mix, listening to NPR. Around 6:30, we watched a couple of groups walk out on the ice, most likely after work, to fish until it gets dark, around 7:45.  In fact, there are some out already, this morning, at 7:00.  For dinner, we had the left over Chicken Brian, still good, and began watching the second season of The Killing, just out on Netflix.  We last watched it a year ago, so it took us quite a while to figure out what was going on.  It's set in Seattle, based on a Danish TV series, I think.  I am going to have to read of summary of  Season One today.

No yoga today, perhaps a walk.  But first, breakfast with Stan Marshaus.  Tonight, a fish fry with the Mc Clures.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...